Extremely loud/high pitched beep emits from speakers

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Piktro, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Piktro

Piktro Geek Trainee

I recently obtained a Dell XPS Gen 5 from a friend due to the fact that he was moving.

Sound specs:
    Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
    Dell 5.1 Surround

A dump from CPU-Z:
    CPU-Z 1.50 HTML report file

I noticed the sound wasn't working at first, so I tried to fix it.

Checked all the settings throughout the computer for the sound preferences - No luck
    I re-installed the drivers - No luck
    Swapped out the sound card for another Audigy 2ZS - No luck
    Once again, re-installed drivers - No luck
    Rolled back to older drivers - No luck
    Troubleshooting wizard - No luck
    Check the BIOS - All settings are correct

I reformat, FINALLY get some sound coming out. All is good, I start watching some videos on YouTube... Halfway through a song, an extremely loud beep emits from the speakers. When I say a loud beep, I mean a constant high pitched, ear piercing, noise. It doesn't go away until I turn speakers off. I plug headphones in, it emits through the headphones. Sometimes it goes away when I close the browser, other times it goes away only when I restart the computer. Then the sound will work for a minute after I restart, and the same problem will occur. I have googled extensively, no solutions have helped.

I really don't know what this could be, I have done everything I've read to try and solve this problem, but it keeps happening. On both sound cards. Please help?

Edit: Restarting the computer fixes the problem for roughly 5 minutes, then it starts again.