F@H Update

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Currently our position is 1,300th with a total of 732 WU's. We have 11 members folding so far, and our work output is incredible for such a small group. We'll probably hit 1,200th place by New Years at our current pace. I haven't checked other teams members, but we're really moving, especially considering our small team of folders. For more info about the Zone356 Folding @ Home team, check out our Folding @ Home forum. It's spyware/adware/malware free and is for a good cause: curing disease like cancer and AIDS.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Yep. We're hauling ass for our size of team.
    More members folding would be nice aswell. *hint*

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Well if anyone has a spare dual cpu socket A motherboard I have 2 x Athlon 2200's, tones of small hard drives, a few spare cases, psu e.t.c i could put a dual together for us.. on F@H 24/7, although i don't know how powerful it would be - and i need a dual cpu mobo.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Not too bad actually. You might hit up the forums over @ 2CPU and check their For Sale forum.

5. Addis

Addis The King

That would help a lot. Running 2 threads of folding should rack up lots of points.

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I got my cousin f@h but he shuts it down and says it slows down his pc too much

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You can configure it to use less than 100% of CPU time and it'll be able to run all the time. If he's got a fast enough system he should be able to run it just fine at 100%.

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Mines set at 100% constant, and I can still photoshop, rip music, chat, surf the web and do heavy games. Never noticed a bit of slowdown. I have noticed that in taskmanager, the usage of F@H drops significantly when something I've opened up comes along, ie games.

9. Addis

Addis The King

I have it on 100% but i notice a slowdown when I'm burning CDs and listening to music sometimes but thats cause I have a slow PC.

10. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I have it on 100% and never notice it slowing me down either. Mayb hes just lieing and cant b botherd letting it run but it not like he has to do anything to let it run.

11. Addis

Addis The King

Although it does come with a box popping up that says ready to connect to network when your WU is done. But clicking ok is hardly a chore is it?

12. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Mine doesnt even do tha!

13. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I have mine at 100%. I run AIM client and rarely winamp. 1/2 the day I'm running torrents or steam.