Fantastic Laptop

Discussion in 'Bargain Zone' started by ProcalX, Aug 23, 2005.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Just brought a new laptop:
    * Intel Celeron-M 370 1.5GHz Processor
    * 768MB DDR SDRAM PC2700
    * 60GB Hard Drive
    * DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive - To read DVDs and CDs and write CDs
    * 15.4" Widescreen WXGA TFT Display
    * ATI Mobility Radeon X300 128MB PCI Express graphics
    * 802.11g Wireless LAN & Gigabit LAN Adapter
    * 10/100/1000 GigaBit Wired LAN & 56k Fax / Modem
    * Integrated Firewire
    * 6-in-1 Card Reader (Secure Digital, SmartMedia, MMC, Memory Stick Pro, xD Picture Card)
    * Weight only 2.8Kg
    * Features Toshiba EasyGuard for optimal connectivity and security
    * Microsoft Windows XP Professional edition pre-loaded & Microsoft OneNote 2003
    * 1 year limited international hardware warranty

From LaptopsDirect.co.uk £522.19 Incl. Vat!

It's a fantastic laptop, the screen is awesome, and the different between my now 15.4" and my old 15" is HUGE.. lol (WideScreen), the X300 is obviously a low end card, but it runs HL2 / CS:Source all on HIGH @ average 40-50FPS, which i think is astounding, not only that but there is no ghosting whilst playing games, its unbelievable, not only that but it comes with a 6-in-1 card reader, built in.. fantastic!

I Highly recommend this to anyone interested in a cheap laptop that will play games, the performance considering the specifications is incredible!

2. Addis

Addis The King

I was looking at the Acer Aspire 3023. Same 15.4" Crystalbrite much bigger than expected. X700 graphics very good PCI-E and Sempron 3000+ mobile. Also had 512mb DDR RAM and 80GB HD. Built in wifi 802.11g with bluetooth and the same card read as yours for only £100 more. It was on laptopsdirect too. Excellant gaming performance.

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I did look at it, but i would never go with acer, i've used their laptops before, used to have one where i last worked as a business laptop a travelmate, and i was not impressed by it at all. This toshiba on the other hand really does reak of amazing build quality.

I've also used on a regular basis a few Acer laptops, really putting the hardware to the test, and it wasn't impressive, and the battery life doesn't tend to be that great.

4. randomman113

randomman113 Geek Trainee

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's alright, but you might keep tabs on what deals Dell has going on.

Next time, make a new thread instead of posting in another.