Favourite Game of all time...

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Knev123, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Knev123

Knev123 Geek Trainee

Ok now we all know what the greatest game of all time is (HL2) :p

But which game was it that u have really enjoyed playing the most, it doesn't have to be the game with the best graphics or level design, which game did u find fundamentally fun to play? and why?

Me? Probably the first time i played hl1, i was blown away by the amount it immersed u into the game, especially the grunts AI... i played it on my sisters computer because she was too scared to play it.. great game!!! what about u guys?

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Mario all stars: The collection of loads of MArio games...I waste soo much time on that

3. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Pfft... HL2, yeah right. Look at the sig.

Best game of all time... that's a tricky one, there isn't a universally best game, so there's one for each platform.

PC: Fallout 1
    PS2: Black
    Xbox 360: Condemned
    Xbox: Fahrenheit
    Dreamcast: Skies of Arcadia
    SNES: Super Metroid
    Gamecube: Metroid Prime
    GBA: Metroid Zero Mission
    DS: Nintendogs
    PSP: Prince of Persia Revelations

:D

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Oh man that game is addictive, I sat there for hours playing it on my cousins Pink DS (a girl) - My family was taking the mick outta me as I was really 'into' it, I love that game!

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I like road rash 3

6. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Chrono Trigger - incredibly enjoyable and replayable RPG with likeable characters and an enthrawling storyline. If you haven't played it before, try it!

P.S. - There are 10 different endings depending on how you beat the game, and once you've beat the game you can replay it with your existing equipment and experience.

7. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

[start_sarcasm]

Playboy: The Mansion easily. Animated women, Hugh Hefner, lame storyline, who could want more from a game?

[/end_sarcasm]

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

:D, Beyond Good and Evil really did it for me. The game had one of the best, most impressive stories for a video game. I really got attached to the characters and the gameplay was just fresh and unique. Too bad it didn't sell many copies. There are older games that I love but I mention them all the time so I'll just omit them here.
    I also love the Ratchet and Clank and Burnout series. Good stuff that.

9. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

Unreal Tornament, i waste sooo much time on it, its sooo addictive

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Can't wait for 2k7 man:good:

11. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

12. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

honesty i'd have to say most games for PSX are my favorites, don't really know what happended but i could buy any games for the playstaion and it was sweet, but not so much for the ps2, anyways i can't really decide on a certain game but a few i really liked

morowind
    chronocross
    FFVII
    FFIX
    legends of mana
    legends of dragoon
    legends of legaia and dual saga
    metal gear solid
    lastely the dot.hack series

13. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah metal Gear solid is great, I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty which is a pretty cool game, well concieved, very long, and more cut scenes then I've seen in any other game.

14. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

yes i am a fan of cut scenes to but people complain about them a lot

15. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Depends what type of game it is...If im playing a football game I just want to play the actual game don't want to watch characters playing but in a game with a story behind the I think cut scenes are essential

16. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I'm getting a bit off topic here but it depends on how good the cutscenes are though. In games like Armed and Dangerous they're usually really funny so you want to watch them. Other games give you mission details that you'll need and some games like Devil May Cry just have cool looking ones that are fun to watch. Metal Gear Solid have some nice plot details but by the latter part of the game the overly emotional and bloody weird feel got pretty old and there was litterally a 30+ minutes stretch where characters explained a ton of obscure details about the plot through a very boring "nanocommunication" format, which is essentually two portraits talking with text appearing below screen. So in the end the game was about 60% game play, 40% cutscenes which is a bit much I'm afraid.

17. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

i've been working through the godfather the game

it's amazing

18. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence!! (new school)
    Double Dragon ( old school: NES version)

runners up: The legend of Zelda series, Resident Evil 0,1,2,code veronica, and 4....i specifically left out part 3...ughh......

I've been playing metal gear since nintendo back in the 80s. Sure the US got watered down versions, but i remember beggggging my uncle to let me play his Nintendo. I couldn't afford one, as i was roughly 5 years old, and my mom bought the first metal gear just so i could watch HIM play it. grrrr. lol Then when we got our nintendo me and my brother played double dragon every day until our thumbs were sore.

19. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

What's wrong with RE 3 (never played it but I was thinking of buying the series).

20. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

a very good point