game controller with a track ball

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kevinherring, Dec 23, 2003.

1. kevinherring

kevinherring Geek Trainee

everyone knows that the best way to control fps's is with a mouse and keyboard. a d-pad or joystick just doesnt cut it.

so when playing on a console the experience just isnt the same, lets face it.

so why does a controller not exist with a little track ball on it so that it can be used in fps's?

or maybe it does but i just dont know.

comments please........

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Not that I've heard of. I don't think trackballs are that good for gaming, but some people in the graphics art area use them. I like the higher resolution and real upgradability of the PC vs the Console. I like the feel of a mouse and can't use anything else.

3. kevinherring

kevinherring Geek Trainee

yeah i know what you mean about pc's i use one. But the main reason i dont use consoles is because you have to use a joypad to play halo etc. if there was a better way of controlling them i think more pc users would play on them.

consoles are so much more sociable and easy to play than pc games. there just has to be a better way of playing fps's. i think a little trackball for your left thumb would work much better that a tiny joystick....

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well I just think someone should invent a ps/2 (not PS2)or usb/console adapter so you could plug your keyboard and mouse in the console.

there is already a PS2 converter for the pc so why not the opposite ?