Gaming music?

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by WWR, Apr 17, 2005.

1. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

What music do you listen to while you play games? And, more specifically, what music do you use for what kind of game?

I usually listen to Slipknot for Diablo 2, though Children of Bodom also feature in that playlist.

Whenever I play on my Gamecube I tend to listen to my FFX official Soundtrack CD.

Oddly enough, when I play the first DMC I find that the MGS 2 soundtrack goes pretty well with it. :D

2. Addis

Addis The King

I listen to my normal music, but for football games you can't have anything but a football anthem.

3. Fred

Fred Moderator

I listen to opera for most everything. Well, except Doom 3... for that, i listen to the Beatles. ;) Really though, I almost always listen to whatever the game comes with. Every once in a while, in a more mellow game, I'll throw in some Joe Satriani or something.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Alot of times I like the music in the game reallly, when it finally gets boring I might use my own library full of rock and techno stuff but naturally it usually doesn't fit as well as the games music of course and becomes somewhat distracting. Sometimes I like the game music so much I wish I had it, do any of you know a program that can extract mp3, WAV, or AIFF files? That would make my life 'cause there's a lot of game music that's better than mine.

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Ayumi Hamasaki for UT2k4
    Megadeath for Red Orchestra
    Amon amarth, Children of Bodom, Cralde of filth, aretha franklin for Counterstrike
    Rammstein for wolfenstein: enemy territory
    Blind guardian for Soldat
    Daft punk can substitute any one of those :)

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

You know that, pretty cool ninja. Thanks dude, I'll look into those, I'll use bear share to see if anyone has stuff from them.