Hail G70!

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Exfoliate, May 21, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

It's official, the G70 is one rockin' card with 512MB's of DDR3 mem @ 1.4GHz, a core clock of 430Mhz and the ability to score 7800 on on 3Dmark 2k5 (compaired to a single 6800Ultra which yeilds 4400, so a single G70 should be able to take a SLI'ed Ultra duo). It's 110 nanometers, but will likely end up as 90 later this year or into next. You'll have a DirectX 9 capable card (duh), with SM 3.0 and Open GL 2.0, you'll only need a fairly modest 400wt PSU for the single card and for SLI your going to need a 500wt PSU with 12 V and rating of 34A. Expect three varients by late june (22nd?), the GTX, GT, and vanilla.
    Pic
    Now all we have to wait for is the R520...
    From the inquirer as usual

2. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

is it out yet? when can i get my hands on it??????

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I wish it was out, though late june is only a month away :) . I will totally upgrade to one of those babies unless ATI has a better card in store. Either way it will beat the crap out of my 6800 with a puny 128MB's or vram :( .

4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

yes! thats when im gonna upgrade woo

oh and sorry bout not noticing what you wrote, i got too happy and slipped into euphoria

don't worry the 6800's wil be able to play everything with highest settings for a while

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Well not Doom3 but I know what you mean. You're upgrading?! You just bought 2 GT's and oc'ed them to Ultra's! Ah, well I can understand it, to have the best is pretty cool.

6. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

yea but understand that i can always find someone to buy them for like 20$ less, we're in america buddy haha, but yea, i want to find out how much the dual core athlons are but tomshardware already tested them and say they're out but no stores seem to have them, oh yeah might get a vento, i like that it looks like it has hydraulics haha, but even tho it seems impossible im gonna mod the **** out of it haha