Harddisk Not Working Properly.

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by Rishi, May 4, 2012.

1. Rishi

Rishi Geek Trainee

My Old WDC HDD got dead , but fortunately i got a new HDD replacement as it was under warranty. But now the problem is that my HDD is not getting detected when i start my pc , aftr 3rd attempt of restart attempt/Power ON/OFF Attempt , my HDD is getting detctd and OS gets load . Also I hv tried all SATA Ports in Motherboard and Have Changed an Old Cable , Still Same Problem exists. Also My HDD to USB / USB to HDD Operations are very Slow (Copyin 600 MB File takes 15 Mins.) But USB to USB is working Fine for the same file (600 MB File takes 2 Mins That even Hardly).Also 720p/1080p Videos are not playing at all , but if same video is played in USB Drive then it plays fine . Also if I keep a file for download in utorrent , then it gives an I/O Device Error (If download locations is in HDD but works fine if download location is USB Drive).

Is there any chances of power instability ?
    Can Anyone Tell me where actual problem exists and what is the solutions?

2. plopster

plopster Guest

could be the sata controller on the mobo, i had the same problem a while ago and only mobo replacement fixed it, then again it could be something else

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

When you replaced the hard with the new one,What OS did you use ? and was it a Sata hard drive ?

4. johnsun

johnsun Geek Trainee

Test Your Hard Drive for Impending Problems :
    - Check your hard disk for errors
    - Understand the sounds of your disk
    - Catch errors before they happen
    - Thoroughly test your Hard Disk