Hardrive Not Found

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by rickster28, Jan 13, 2007.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

mabybe not "no good" just don't use with that board
    you'd think so, but you've proved that wrong

2. rickster28

rickster28 Geek Trainee

hmm donkey not sure if this is right but i checked up my mobo on msi site it says it supports socket748 intel pent4/celeron..just double checkin dont really wana get anotherif it aint the problem

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

no, your right, wait & get some other opinions, i could be wrong, i don't know everything[ot]hope you get it sorted[/ot]

4. rickster28

rickster28 Geek Trainee

thanks for being honest an all your help an advice much appreciatted:D

5. rickster28

rickster28 Geek Trainee

ok update from hardrive problems,i decided to try my missus hd ..with some success,the harddrive was actually found an was in the bios so i decided to try boot usin the hd this when fun started..it would get so far start to boot then i got message system root/ system 32/ntdll /dll please check new istalled software or hardives..then it rebooted it self an carried on doing this till i turned the computer off at mains..i also tried a hd with windows 2k same thing happened..any help will be very much appreicated.

thanks

rickster:)

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well, bang goes my idea about the CPU, i think ntdll error on boot can fixed with the recovery console in XP SP1 and above, no idea how to fix it in Win2k[ot]i've never used Win2k, and i haven't used XP for about a year, i'm using linux[/ot]

BTW: ntdll can be fixed by reinstalling XP, try that with 2k
    BTW: it sound like you HDD is dead

7. rickster28

rickster28 Geek Trainee

you might be right bout hd donkey gona try another once iv got one lookin on ebay now for fairly cheap one just to test it,will let you know how it goes :)

8. donkey42

donkey42 plank

thankies, good luck:D

9. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

It doesnt work that way... You cannot jst pull out windows HDD from someones computer and put in your computer nd expect it to work staright away. I your computer has detected that HDD which is good sign..Second step will be installing Windows on it...