Having issues with my audio and browsers

Discussion in 'General Software' started by AWOL Elendil, May 22, 2007.

1. AWOL Elendil

AWOL Elendil Geek Trainee

I'm using a Catalina sound card (which is admittedly discontinued) and not getting any audio out of it when Flash player is involved. Java audio (e.g. Runescape) works just fine, Media opened in the browsers (both Internet Explorer and Firefox) is okay (Quicktime and WMV/WMA), but when I try and watch a flash video with sound, the video is okay, but the sound is noticeably absent. I have the latest drivers, or atleast the ones that I found on their website, so, if anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

update:

I managed to solve this finally... Turns out it was FFDSHOW that was causing the trouble... This is where I found the fix to it...

Flash Player 9 missing sound issue solved

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

try installing the K-Lite codec pack

3. Addis

Addis The King

Make sure that you've got the latest flash plugin (9).

4. AWOL Elendil

K-Lite didn't do a thing to help. it still refuses to play the audio. and I have the latest version of Flash...

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

So u do receive sound but very less?? :confused:

What type of card is it? 5.1?

6. AWOL Elendil

yea... no sound comes out of the speakers at any rate, but the video is excellent. on a rather (to me) weird note, youtube videos online don't play audio, but when downloaded and viewed with the player, I can hear them just fine.

7. Karanislove

Usually these problems occurs due to the missing codecs but as u said that u have got em already so dont know wat exactly the problem is..
    Can u check in the Device Manager if there is anyting with yellow traingle?

8. AWOL Elendil

would that be under Sounds and and audio devices properties? cause there are no warnings under that menu...

9. Karanislove

Oh then try this....Right Click on the Sound drivers and uninstall them. Restart your computer. Your computer will detect your sound card and will ask u to install drivers... Then go through that wizard and install the drivers again.. See if it works :unsure:

10. AWOL Elendil

well, apparently I was looking in the wrong area... my device manager proper says my "Multimedia Audio Controller" drivers are uninstalled.

11. Karanislove

U mean there is a yellow triangle??? Right Click on that traingle and uninstall it and restart ur computer...see if that makes any changes :unsure:

12. AWOL Elendil

well, there wasn't a triangle, it was a question mark with a yellow circle around an exclamation point.

oh, and my computer can't find the drivers for that Multimedia controller anywhere.

13. Karanislove

Which Mobo u've got? Go to the Manufacturers website and download the latest drivers for it..
    Also there is another solution u can try. Open IE, go to tools > Windows Update > Use Custom > u will find hardware drivers update on the left hand side, download em of u see any.