HD PVR 2 Problem. Need help!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by BenVernon, Jun 8, 2014.

1. BenVernon

BenVernon Geek Trainee

I bought a used HD PVR 2 for £65 on eBay which has finally arrived in the post. I have installed all of the necessary drivers and software yet I am having problems with the device.

So, I turn my HD PVR 2 on, open the software (Hauppuage Capture) and a message at the bottom appears saying 'Starting Device, please wait'. I wait only to be greeted by another message which tells me that my HD PVR 2 is not working and that I must close the software and turn my HD PVR 2 off and then back on. I do so, and the same thing happens again. It's an endless circle.

When I finally manage to get my HD PVR 2 working the software then says 'Waiting for HDMI video signal' and the screen is blank both on the software and on the monitor in which my Xbox 360 is hooked up to. My Xbox is on, and everything has been set up correctly however I am getting no signal. This isn't a problem with the HDMI cables either, I have tested them both and they work without a problem.

Please can someone help me resolve this issue and get my HD PVR 2 to record Xbox 360 gameplay. Do you think that it is faulty? Should I return it?

Video link to problem -> (Please don't remove admins, I really need help!)