Headsets for home phones (Cordless/non-cordless)

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Raiden Gerard, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Raiden Gerard

Raiden Gerard Geek Trainee

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good phone that comes along or is compatible with a headset. Holding on to the phone for long periods of time at home is straining on the neck. I did google some results, but the products were kind of pricey (Around USD $80+)

Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

P.s I think this is the best sub forum to post this because it's the closest I could find which is related to phones, I guess.

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but it might be suitable.

Plantronics S12 - Headset with amplifier: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It's the Plantronic S12. Firstly, I'd recommend Plantronic as I've worked in many corporate call centres and they are the best around for this kind of thing. I think both the Plantronic S and T series are the most suitable for home/small office use (although it has been a while since I have looked into this). The S Series tends to be the cheaper of the two. Plantronic equipment is pricey but is also long lasting a decent quality.

The only issue is, it doesn't come with a physical phone handset as well and I'm not sure if you can purchase them. It would be something to look into.

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but it might be suitable.

Plantronics S12 - Headset with amplifier: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It's the Plantronic S12. Firstly, I'd recommend Plantronic as I've worked in many corporate call centres and they are the best around for this kind of thing. I think both the Plantronic S and T series are the most suitable for home/small office use (although it has been a while since I have looked into this). The S Series tends to be the cheaper of the two. Plantronic equipment is pricey but is also long lasting a decent quality.

The only issue is, it doesn't come with a physical phone handset as well and I'm not sure if you can purchase them. It would be something to look into.