Help me pick a phone :)

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Swansen, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

LG KM501 Black BLUE (Unlocked) - Specification - Specs

Unlocked LG KE820 Black Triband GSM Phone (Unlocked) Triband GSM World Phone On Sale Buy)

Not necessarily buying from that website, but i've narrowed it to those two. They will be used on a pre-paid plan, so they spend to much time actually pressed against the side of my face :D That said, size is really important, i really don't like having a huge phone weighing my pants down when i already have a lot of stuff in my pockets almost at all times. Picture taking ability is not to centric for me, as the occasional random shot of the random moment is all i will ever use it for. MUSIC, at one point i was very anti one device for all as i would much rather have a camera, phone, and mp3(AAC+) player but it does make more sense to have a phone and music player in one if you have a phone then its always going to be on you and same can be said if you have a music player. My only concern there is how long really do slider phones and scrolls wheels last? I don't care at all to have the latest and greatest in a phone, i just want something that fits my needs really well and i would like to have it for as long as possible, so longevity and durability are important. The one thing i will note about the KM501 is the playtime, which is 25hrs, thats crazy, but does that include powering the memory card also? i don't know, but i doubt it. The KE820 has music playing capabilities as well, but would be much less functional overall, and i imagine it would hurt battery life a lot.

So, thats where i stand... i really like the KE820 because it is so small, and i really like the KM501 because it would double so well as a music player. If anyone has any suggestions as to phones that would better suit my needs feel free to give your input.

2. connor53

connor53 Geek Trainee

The KE820 certainly looks better.

I would go with it

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

just preference or to do you have reasons as to why you would choose it? thanks for your input.

4. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

I assume you already chose your phone. I hope you are satisfied with whatever decision you made. I am liking the LG KM501 Black Blue (Unlocked Tribad) GSM.

5. yourmama083

yourmama083 Geek Trainee

I would wait for the samsung galaxy s2.A amazing little android phone with a dual core processor

6. softechnet

softechnet Geek