Help new build

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by shaunmk, Sep 26, 2012.

1. shaunmk

shaunmk Geek Trainee

hey sorry for this very generic post..
    I am new to Home-builds and need the help
    Here are my suggested components (i am looking to overclock once i learn more about it) and i would like to go for a second
    g-card down the line

cpu i7 3770k (
    mobo Maximus v formula (i like the on board audio but i am still open to suggestion)
    SSD 128GB OCZ Vertex 4
    HDD 3000GB Seagate Barracuda 7200
    BR LG Electronics Blu-ray Super Multi LG BH10LS38 Lightscribe
    G-card (MSI N670GTX-PE2GD5/OC) One for now and will definatly sli later ( taken into acout for the power supply)
    Ram 16 G 1600 (any suggestions do i need other ram to overclock) ?
    PSU ? ( value for money)
    Cpu cooler for OC ?? ( suggestions value for money)

Cases : so far ive gotten a little stuck, initially the mobo seem to be too big however its not a full Eatx and has the following dimensions 12 inch x 10.1 inch ( 30.5 cm x 25.7 cm ) so some people said it can fit in some atx case but im not sure which ones?

Basically i am not fussed when in comes to aesthetics of the system so i dont give crap about matching colours however my goals are to have SLI (in the near future, to learn to overclock cpu and so on, windows 8 ready and good audio.. I am not stuborn and would like suggestion on any system change. if you dont think its worth it let me know. ohh and anything that makes oc safer or easier let me know..i will also be doing some fluid dynamic simulations,i would aslo like to use a 5.1 surround sound system,Do i need to have a sound card or can i use onboard audio (not to fancy)?

This board has a decent rating in germany Gigabyte GA-Z77X UD4TH
    any other advice on motherboards ?

thanking you in advance

S.K