Help to make a Bluetooth network

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by GuiRitter, Dec 15, 2011.

1. GuiRitter

GuiRitter Geek Trainee

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here, since this is more software than hardware, so if you can recommend a better forum please do.

I'd like to know how to set up a Bluetooth network between a netbook and a notebook, so that I can play multiplayer games like Counter Strike with my friend.

I have a HP Mini 110-3110BR netbook with a Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth adapter running Windows XP.

I'll have to ask my friend for his model but it runs Windows 7.

I already have transferred files using my netbook to a cellphone, so the adapter is working.

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

To my knowledge, the application that you want to use has to support bluetooth. I highly doubt that old games like CS support that kind of stuff - actually, I am not sure that any Personal Computer based 3D game supports that kind of networking, besides the bandwidth requirements for a smooth network game experience far outweigh the bluetooth capabilities. I remember playing some very simple game on my very old Sony Ericsson with a identical phone, but CS via Bluetooth... I don't know. But I would like to see someone prove me wrong. Bluetooth LAN would be fun :D