HIS X700 Pro

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Matt555, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

x700pro open gl 2.0 :eek:, my x800xt pe is open GL 1.5 :'( omg

just get the x700pro then, and overclock it :)
    if i wanted to build a second computer for say downstairs i would either use an x800gt or gto, or a 6600gt, or 6800/le, maybe x700pro.

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah i agree BIg B, i know there are issues with ATI drivers for linux but my card isnt all that good on ther at thminute anyway, i dont use linux all that much and i dont game a lot so for me it wouldn't be that big of an issue, well thatks for all your help and if i see anything else/need to know anything else i'll be back...

3. Willz

Matt555 likes this.
  4. Willz

Matt555 likes this.
  5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

awesome, that 6600gt looks good, well it doesnt but with an arctic cooling cooler it would, hmm i may have to go with that one, people seem to like it more, i'll have a look on that site some more

6. Willz

yea, cclonline is brilll!!!!!!!!, at first i wasent too sure about it as its based in bradford, and bradford is BAD!!!

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

well i certainly like the price of that 6600GT, i think i may change my mind, but i'll have to see as it depends how much money i get in a couple of weeks time as i need to start saving for my laptop

8. Willz

well, its your choice, just dont go with one just becouse you like the look of it better though :p, you can always smarten it up later :p.

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah, i do like the 6600GT's but then i would like to buy a better cooler and they cost around £15 i think, so to get a good cooler with it is a nice thing

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

First see how the stock cooler works for you, you may be impressed. It's not uncommon to have quiet stock cooling anyway. And if you're not overclocking who cares how hot the thing runs.

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

i guess, well i'll wait until i get some money for my birthday and see how much i've got, it depends, if i get quite a lot then i may buy it, if not then i wont as i need the money for my laptop/other things...damn i need a job, then i could buy something better and still have money...

12. Willz

if the stock cooler performs like the one on my x800xt pe, then you will not bother buying a new cooler for it, i am getting 43 degrees idle with my x800xt pe!, 9600np with passive heatsink got about that.

13. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Well I think I'm decided on the X700 Pro, I just like the card and I've been trying to find one with VIVO for AGP...does such a card exist?
    Also I may have some more money to spend, i'm not completely sure yet though so I'll post as soon as I know.
    (been looking at the 256MB version on overclockers as well)
    Thanks for all the help so far, I know the 6600GT is a better card but I'm just liking the HIS X700 Pro, I know it's probably the cooler but I'd rather have that card I think (unless I can get some more money) :D

14. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Stick with the HIS, you like it, I like it, it's cheap and 128Mb's will be more than enough. That card wouldn't really make full use of the extra 128 anyway. The performance difference between a 128Mb and 256Mb X700Pro is minimal at the most.

15. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

cool well i'll see, but things have changed again, i may have around £150-£200 but thats if i want to spend that much, i could spend it but i dont think i want to, i'll stick with the HIS X700Pro (might get the 256MB version.....just for the hell of it heh)

16. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

17. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Looks pretty sweet!
    The X800 has 12 Pipelines and the GT version i think has 16!

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

cool, well i've found a few, i'll wait and see what money i get before i make my final decision, thanks for all the help everyone :D

19. Willz

the gt version dont have 16 pipelines.

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sorry but the X800's are only PCIe, if it's listed as both DON'T take the chance. The GT has only 8 pipes but is still a good bit faster than the 6600GT but as we've discussed it's only PCIe.