Hitachi Harddisk Password Recovery (HTS542512K9SA00)

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by rodelio, Apr 29, 2009.

1. rodelio

rodelio Geek Trainee

My sister's laptop suddenly malfunctioned such that it will tell you the Operating System is not found. So I went to the BIOS and found out that it cannot detect the harddisk for whatever reason. I just loaded the default values, and saved the changes and now the harddisk is detected, it a HITACHI. But the problem is it is now asking for the password of the harddisk,

I tried googling for any clues but I could not find any valuable information. I think reformatting is not an option for now as I have seen from the google results, they are telling that it can be a firmware password which will not allow access to the harddisk, sort of protection or whatever. But be assured this is not stoled. =) I hope someone here could help. Thank you so much in advance.

I have put this thread in the firmware section since google has described this situation as a 'firmware' password, I am not really sure if its correct. =)

TIA

2. geniuspro

geniuspro Geek Trainee

Hi,

Call up Hitachi tech support for help on this. Usually you would see some sort of serial number / code when on the screen when you type an incorrect password for HDD. Now, the tech support personnel would ask for the same. Give that and they would be able to help you. Also, they would want to verify your ownership of the system (for security reasons). Be ready with the details.

That's it. You would get a password which would work.

Cheers !!!
    geniuspro.