how do you transfer photos from iphone to pc?

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by IvyCAO, Apr 12, 2012.

1. IvyCAO

IvyCAO Geek Trainee

There are some photos in my iphone and I want to transfer them to my pc for editing.The problem is,none of these photos was taken by iphone so it's not easy to transfer.I have done it once before but this time it doesn't work out.I really don't know which step is wrong!Could u pls help me...

2. lily wen

lily wen Geek Trainee

Hey please check the following steps to see if you went wrong:

1.Connect your iphone to your computer.

2.Once it has detected, Open iTunes and select the "Photos" tab. 3.Check the "Sync Photos" box at the top.

4.From the drop-down menu next to that, select the program or folder that contains your photo library.

5.Then just select the photos you want to transfer and drag them to your pc.

Another way is to get a photo backup program to transfer photos from iphone to Mac.And of course the easiest way is to google your question how to transfer photos from iphone to pc to find articles that may be of great help.

3. jackphinder

jackphinder Geek Trainee

Great guide man. I agreed with your suggestions. I thinks Ivy now got his answer. Moreover, need any assistance regarding iphone repair, contact us.

4. LongeCrK

LongeCrK Geek Trainee

I've had too many troubles trying to sync both devices so I just use Dropbox instead. There is an option to automatically upload a photo as you take it, and it's a pretty useful backup solution too.

5. arena leo

arena leo Geek Trainee

Using Windows Import Utility:
    Step 1: Connect the iPhone to the computer using the USB cable.
    Step 2: Select "Import pictures and videos using Windows" from the Autoplay dialog box that pops up. If the Autoplay dialog does not automatically appear, press the Windows Start button and select "Computer" from the Start menu. Right-click on the iPhone icon in the file browser window that opens and select "Import pictures and videos" under the "Device Options."
    Step 3: Click the "Import settings" link to set folder options, file names and other options, such as prompting for a tag on import, erasing pictures from the iPhone after import, picture orientation and whether to open Windows Explorer after the import. Click on "OK" when complete.
    Step 4: Create a tag for the photos, if desired, and then click on the "Import" button. The computer copies the photos from the iPhone to the designated folder, which defaults to "My Pictures" unless you change it in Import Settings.
    Step 5: Disconnect the iPhone from the computer. Open the "Recently Imported" folder under Windows Photo Gallery when the program launches.

Check this out, also its simple and helped me many time to tranfer my images from iPhone to PC

6. Xkoiul

Xkoiul Geek Trainee

You can simply plug the cable from the iPhone to your PC, via USB. Be sure to have your iPhone unlocked and It will ask wether you trust the computer or not, choose to trust. Or you can also use another way to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
    Try MobiKin Assistant for iOS:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  7. peicollen

peicollen Geek Trainee

itune blocks this function since itune is the tool with one way to transfer files from itune to iphone. you must utilize other tools to achieve that. There're couple of tools for transferring the files between iphone and computer (for backup)depends on your demands, e.g transfer only songs/videos, transfer photos etc. You can have a look of below Mobiledic site http://www.mobiledic.com/ , hope it useful.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  8. kickson75

kickson75 Geek Trainee

The photo folder can be seen on File Explorer, lol

9. Dwaaty

Dwaaty Geek Trainee

You can backup iPhone photos to iTunes . Download and install iTunes on your computer .Connect iPhone with the USB cable and run iTunes.
    Find the iPhone option on the left-hand side of the open iTunes . Right-click on that option and select "Backup."Allow your iPhone files and photos to get copied over to iTunes .So iPhone photos backup to iTunes.
    How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Kolpoiu likes this.
  10. Renal

Renal Geek Trainee

Of course you can use an USB cable, but sometimes, the computer cannot recognize the iphone, or if you upgrade your pc.
    I think a data transfer program is needed, it is more convenient to manage iphone data on pc, so you can easily transfer photos from iphone to pc.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  11. SimonMayers

SimonMayers Geek Trainee

You can use a cable to connect your computer and your phone, then transfer your photo from iPhone to the computer.
    google maps driving directions

12. Wansertko

Wansertko Geek Trainee

Yeah, you are right , as long as the iPhone and computer has been succeed connect with USB cable , the iPhone and computer data transfer program can be completed ,
    I just synced the iPhone data to backup files in this way , once we have created backup files , we can directly extract data from iPhone backup

Last edited: May 29, 2017