How hot's my rig?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Exfoliate, May 19, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I realize this isn't a very high level question but I couldn't be sure where I look to find my system/cpu temperature. I imagine it's in the bios somewhere but anyone want to point me in the right direction (I know I've seen it around, sort of lost it though). It's not this is it? That's just for the gfx card right? [​IMG]
    Thanks all.

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

ambient is your case temp, and 37 is fine.

anything below 60 is by far acceptable, although obviously you want to avoid that kind of heat.

no worries tho, altho that gfx card does seem a little hot, but it is a beast.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks Waffles, I expected it to say system temp. or something, or find it in the control panel. Oh well.
    Yeah, the oc I did brought the cards temp up a far bit I believe. I imagine that 135 would fry the card completely though.

4. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

You said earlier that you were a Gigabyte person. I believe they come with a utility suite like ABIT, ASUS, and others. If so it should have it. I know that ABIT uGuru has a program called ABIT EQ that shows all vitals in th OS, such as temp, voltages, fan speeds and so on. You can also OC in the OS, and set it to automatically OC when a certain program starts. Anyway, hope I could help.

Exfoliate likes this.
  5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks dude, the OS oc thing sounds pretty cool!

6. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea lets you do a pretty extreme OC for a short gaming period then take it off before your computer explodes without restarting.

7. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yo my friend has a 28-32 degree ambient and he thinks its high ahhh

me try to tell, but he no believe me

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow! get him to register and we'll set him straight:), what proc and cooler does he have?

9. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

a zalman K8 with copper/aluminum fan on a 3000+ venice

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Well that explains it, good for him, still though, get him to join. I keep working on my friends but I could only get one to join and I don't think he's even registered yet, loser.

11. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

UGH haha

yet HF is so the bomb, i just have a problem that my help count is so low and everyone got a head start and the war haha

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah i have an average temperature of about 33*C, i have 3 case fans, a HDD Cooler, a Northbridge fan and a a standard intel HSF, there is an exit tube for the HSF hot air so that doesnt stick around in the case :D

13. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I have 2 case fans, one window fan all on 5volt rails and my case temps never go above 27c. My heatsink is a cooler master xdream II. about $7 with a LED fan. Never hit above 44C after days of full load.

14. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Nice work Matt and ninja! Looks like you two know how to cool the old rig, more than I can say. I though hey, with two 120mm fans, a bunch of arctic silver and a nice cpu cooler I can't go wrong. Well it sort of worked anyway.

15. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Oh, how can you tell how hot your system is under a heavy load? Minimizing the apps to check would bring the temps down right?

16. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I just run F@H for hours on end, it puts your CPU at 100% load all the time using CPU cycles other programs don't

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Oh yeah, forgot about old F@H.

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah probably, i just use my core center (an application that i got on my drivers cd for my motherboard) or speed fan, i like having a cool case, means my legs dont fry while they're under my desk :D

19. Addis

Addis The King

Having a venice sure does help with cooling.
    You can also get an external display to fit in your 5.25" drive bays that wil give you system stats during use.

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's right, I could've bought my case configured with that option, like Nemesis Extreme Edition or whatever they were calling it, but it cost too much.