How to print on C4 envelopes (229 × 324). Maybe lables?

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by Kifsif, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Kifsif

Kifsif Geek Trainee

My problem is that I need to print envelopes suitable for A4 content format. This is C4 envelope (229 x 324).

I can see two ways of solving this problem: 1) printing on labels; 2) a printer for A4 extra paper size (235 x 322).

When I addressed myself to computer shops, they just don't know how to solve any of these problems. They say that in order to buy a printer for labels, I'll have to go to a shop for in-store equipment. And they also say that their printers can't print A4 extra.

But as a matter of fact, our suppliers have already solved this problem. Why can't I?
    Could you recommend me some models of printers?

2. Keith

Keith Geek Trainee

3. Kifsif

Kifsif Geek Trainee

A3 printer is not my method. Firstly, it is too huge and expensive. Secodly, I don't need A3. Why should I buy an a3 printer if I use A4 paper only?

4. Keith

Keith Geek Trainee

Then maybe removing the adjustable paper stop is the only way

5. Kifsif

Kifsif Geek Trainee

No, that will be horrible. There is a possible solution. One can buy sticker paper like this
    http://www.michelswebshop.nl/nl/category/maat-105-x-48mm-12-stickers-op-1-vel/.

There are some stickers on A4 sheet. Say, 12 like in the example.
    Then we can use the stickers one by one. In other words we use some stickers from a sheet, then keep the sheet in a file.
    Then we aim at the first sticker available.

The only problem is that substrate material - the bottom layer onto which stickers are glued - is rather thin. Therefore
    when we try to insert the sheet with some stickers absent, a jam may happen. Of course, we always can rotate the sheet and
    try to use the fresh end. But sooner or later we'll have no fresh end and all the same one will have to insert poor lining ahead.

Could you speculate on this idea?

6. Keith

Keith Geek Trainee

7. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

At the hospital where I work we have people that use Dymo label printers. If you use a label printer specifically, you wouldnt have to worry about sheets of labels causing jams or not picking up correctly on a normal laser printer. http://sites.dymo.com/Solutions/Pages/Seg_cat_lndg.aspx?cat=LabelWriterPrinters(DYMO)

You can get a decent one for around 100 dollars so after the initial cost it wouldnt be so bad to operate one.