i need some help with my PC badly

Discussion in 'General Software' started by cherrydee, Jan 12, 2011.

1. cherrydee

cherrydee Geek Trainee

please help me. i can't concentrate on school because of the problem with my PC

so the other day i cleaned my PC. video card, ram, heatsink and power supply. after that, i turned on my PC but im stuck in the windows xp loading screen. then i reinstall windows xp and it went fine. then i tried to check disk, disk clean up, advance system care clean, and tune up utilities clean. i rebooted and it went fine. then i used tune up's visual style and log on screen modification. after reboot my PC hangs again. so my suspect was tune up utilities. i uninstalled it, and reinstall windows xP again. it went fine again. i tried to install tune up but i was surprised to see an error saying "cannot install because some resources is not available". so i thought this is an OS problem.

just this morning i reformatted my OS just to give me a peace of mind. everything was fine then. i only installed AV, firewall and other essential cleaners. then i opened cabal online. after several minutes i logged out and exit. the game exited but the boarder margin of cabal window was still visible. i open and close folders and their margin boarder was also visible. so i end up with couple of folders stacked. i can't click start menu nor other items in the system tray. i opened task manager and i saw drwatsn32, OSE.exe, and couple of microsoft update exe.

and the worst of all, my AV just went disabled.

so is this hardware or software problem? i'm pretty sure my PC is clean from virus since im an IT student too. sorry if i have pretty long story.

SPEC:
    amd athlon x2 64
    2.4ghz
    geforce 8400GS
    2gb RAM DDr2
    avast AV
    comodo FW

2. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

Hi cherrydee, could you be more clear please about what the actual current problem is?? You've mentioned you've reinstalled windows multiple times for different reasons and now do the windows just not close properly?? and this is correct for everytime you boot?

Look forward to hearing back

Dave.

3. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

By "windows" i mean application and folder windows and not the OS***

4. cherrydee

cherrydee Geek Trainee

i can't explain clearly what my problem is since until now i don't know what hitted me.

anyway, right now i am doing good with my PC. problem is, it takes more or less 1min to load from windows xp loading page to user log in page.

that's the only prob i have at this moment.

seems like deleting drwtsn32 is the solution

5. daz

daz Geek

Did you overclocked you ddr's, There may be problem with your voltage or clocks setings.