I want to buy headset

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by kukki1990, Aug 3, 2009.

1. kukki1990

kukki1990 Geek Trainee

I am looking for 2 new headsets one for music,gaming and movies. second for other computer needed mostly for chatting so need a good mic.

before spec i have a question does usb headset have better mic than the 3.5mm jack one?

Specification:-
    for one needed for gaming and music :
    Ofcourse good sound
    3.5mm jack
    should cover whole ear(over the ear)
    atleast 2-3 meter long wire
    Good mic for ingame chatting and teamspeak
    Price limit around 40-50$

For Other one needed of chatting
    Good mic
    3.5mm jack
    type: kind of like the logitech clear chat series or like one which covers the whole ear.(on ear or over the ear)
    Price limit about 30$

My experience with previous headsets :
    1. some logitech clear chat usb sound is good but it is extremely fragile and it now has more superglue and tape than plastic i think.:p
    2. logitech precision gaming headset as i have mentioned many time sound(bass) isn't as i expected even 6$ headphone have better bass and i like it more than logitech one
    But the mic on both the headsets is very good.

Oh and please suggest brands like logitech, sennheiser, steelseries, creative which are easily available in india

SO far i like the creative fatality headset most. but i don't trust my choice now due to two previews headsets.

2. lukewhite

lukewhite Geek Trainee

well I have a pair of sennheiser pc350 which an all round great set of full cup headphones with mic,i got mine from overclockers.co.uk, fantastic for movies ,music and gamingable,for music i did have a lovely pair grado sr80 fantastic sound but these are open cup and people can hear the sound ,ok if in your own homw but not so good if you are travelling o train etc.
    Sennheiser PC 350 - headset - Ear-cup, Binaural
    click on the link or paste in web address,i hope this helps ,luke white

3. SillyMoose

SillyMoose Geek Trainee

Now i must say that i prefer razer because i do alot of gaming and it seems comfortable i also like the deathadder so if there were no price limit id say check out a razer BUT since you did say that you wanted somthing cheaper i would recomend a logitech they come cheap also very good quality i have owned several logitech all great quality and i am very happy as for the site to buy them i would check out Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! if you want to purchase offline be careful there are alot of half assed headset companys outthere from my personel experience these 2 brands will see you through to the end of your gaming / voice time :chk:

4. jay102

jay102 Guest

I think it is true.