I want to upgrade motherboard+ graphics card 4 gaming

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by jackie11, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

and with the motherboard, how do u find a case for it to fit??

Jackie x

2. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Are you trying to say that a 400 watt psu will consume less power therefore cost less to run then a 500watt???

If that's the case it doesn't matter how much the wattage it depends on how much your computer consumes power (wattage). Lets say your rig will consume 300watts of power and i installed a 500watt psu it will still only consume 300watts not the full amount, do you get me

sorry but I'm bad at trying to explain this lol:p

3. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

I get ya thanks, thats kool.

4. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

how do know what cases fit what motherboards??

5. Pimp

Also one other thing you know the rig that i showed you above that costs like £164. If your going to buy it then i strongly recommend you get someone who knows their stuff to look at the components to see if they are fully compatible because i might have overlooked some of them. Just to be on safe side you don't want to order stuff that are not compatible:doh:

6. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

ok thanks 4 the warning

7. Pimp

Most motherboards fit most cases you should go for ATX form factor

8. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

9. Pimp

Yes you are learning lol :p

10. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i would be suspicious because that case is very cheap, so, they will have made cost savings somewhere & it is traditionally the PSU thst is usually crap, when a PSU comes free with a computer case, by all means buy that case, but, don't be suprised if you then need a decent beefier PSU

BTW: take a look at B's PSU Sticky, B's da man

please don't waste your money on a crap case & PSU or a crap PSU, usually PC cases come with PSU's, just remove the old PSU & give it to your brother & his friends to play football with it, & hope one of them tries to head it

11. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

haha ok thanks very much, your both great, yes i am learning lol

Jackie xx

12. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

i just read b's psu sticky, very informative- thanks donkey42.

Thanks 2 pimp as well.

The computer i have atm was a ready made one, and it works fine for me, its just i cant really play many games on it, and it is a bit slow at loading/ working programs sometimes

I will get a new computer and build it myself as advised in a couple of months probably, up until then i will try to learn as much as possible, so i can build a well oiled rig haha

thanks again, i hope you didnt mind me asking all those questions.

If you are willing to share more info about hardware/running software/games/ pc building im listening

Thanks
    Jackie xxx

13. donkey42

donkey42 plank

SHUT UP, or i'll slap the back of your legs
    it's just donkey
    well, from a hardware point of view, if it looks like it fits somewhere, it probably does
    your very welcome, it gives me something to do
    glad i made you laugh

14. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

ok thanks donkey.

Do you know anything about programming??

15. donkey42

donkey42 plank

officially i'd better say no, but, about 10 / 11 years ago, i did mess / play with Visual Basic & Access (database programming / making) but, if i can help with anything, i will try, although, there may be a delay in my reply, as i will probably refreshing my stupid memory[ot]i can remember stupid stuff like: Nicolas Cage in "gone in 60 seconds" his "unicorn" car was a 67 GT500 called "Eleanor"[/ot]but if i've no idea i'll say

16. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

ok fair enough, im thinking of teaching myself some from sites/books n stuff

17. donkey42

donkey42 plank

sorry for delay, it was cig time, but, if you want to know anything, just ask, there's no shame in admitting you don't know something, personally, i would respect someone more because they admitted they didn't know something, rather than someone who thinks they know everything (like: PCWorld) but in reality they know nothing[ot]PCWorld actually told someone i know: software ages, like people, even though, there on read only CD / DVDs[/ot]Edit: please feel free to PM me whenever you want help understanding something

18. Pimp

You see hes a nice donkey not like that untamed donkey kicking in his avatar :chk:

sorry that was cheesy but o well i like cheese:p

19. donkey42

donkey42 plank

true, but i can bite if requested to
    me to, but, i don't like that really strong one erm erm erm. . . i remembered it "Stilton"

20. Pimp

yeah that smells like socks but also gorgonzola is really smelly but taste nice. we better stop talking about cheese now its not the right thread to be talking about cheese lol.