I'm back but with some slight mishaps... :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ProcalX, Sep 10, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

been away ie non posting for quite awhile now, around 8 weeks ago i was hit by a car whilst walking home, i went from the car: into a flint brick wall.

physically i'm in one peice now and have recovered very well, however due to the quite serious head injuries i incurred, i have damaged my brain quite severly, nothing that wont fix it's self with time, at the time of the accident i had either torn / damaged or completely broken the majority of nerves within my brain, subsequently for the last couple of weeks i have gone throught not being able to walk / talk / eat / drink / fucking everything.

anyway, those nerves that i had only damaged have pretty much recovered, back to everyday life.

however my memory has been so severely effected that i have had to stop doing my course in IT, because i couldn't remember anything about the course, where it was, what i was doing, i had an anxiety attack the first time i used a computer after my accident.

i very much struggle to remember what my child hood was like, i can remember faces people and places, just not what i was doing there, what happened, basically i am having to re teach myself IT, not using a computer to for general use i can still and havn't had any trouble with:

searching the net
    using programs
    e-mailing
    touch typing.. (first time i used a computer when i got back from hospital it automatically went on the internet, and a message popped up from MSN, from a friend asking where i had been and why i had not contacted him, subsequently i started to tell him, and without realising it, i was typing without looking at the keyboard, not only thatbut i was typing without any mistakes and as fast as my fingers can move around the keyboard. i looked down, realised what i was doing and jumped back in such shock i tripped over my chair fell right over backwards and subsequently was scared shitless.. i couldn't remember every typing that fast, and hadn't even questioned how or if i was going to be able to remember it just hadn't come to mind.. but it was so abnormal and strange but at the same time it felt as natural as breathing or waking up in the morning..

anyway, thats my story, its alot LOT more complicated than that, but i am picking up IT as i go along, my fantastic IT job i landed, i had to quit because of my accident, however now i am in a reasonable enough state to work, they heard about my accident (as it happened when i left work).. a "positive addition to the company" to such an extend they are employing me again, and my old boss is whilst working.. teaching me and reminding me of how things work.

Subconciously i think i know it, as i am finding it very very easy, however nothings come back, and its left me up shits creek abit.

and no, i can't sue because it was hit and run. on a main road, in rush hour. and with no apparent witnesses.

Oh yeh, i'm back.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Hey ProcalX! Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about your accident...it sounds like you are recovering well and are on the way back to recover fully! :)

There was no apparent witness? That’s strange; someone should have come forward with information. At least one person should have seen it? But are just are scared or just too lazy to be a witness. Weren’t there any cameras there at all?

It good that you got your job back at the IT! It would definitely help in remembering stuff. I hope everything gets back to normal for you!

get better dude!

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

thanks, no cameras around, and apparently no witnesses although i find it hard to believe. You tend not to find street cameras unless they are covering night clubs, general fight areas e.t.c

public security is pretty shit over here.

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Wow. You're pretty damn lucky to be alive, huh
    Good luck with your job and everything

5. Mack

Mack Big Geek

Hi,
    Thou I am new to this forum but have been reading it for quite a while. Noticed you and Extreme were both missing for quite sometime. I hope he is fine.
    wish you all the best for your recovery :good:

6. Addis

Addis The King

Get well soon X. Hope everything goes well with your job.

7. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

welcome back, hope youre doing well!

8. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

thanks guys,

*nudges extreme* we're celebreties we were missed *hehe*

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That really sucks for you, ProcalX. Hope you can get some evidence against the guy. Even more importantly, I really do hope you fully recover.

10. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

we? where did I go? lol who missed me?

11. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think you went away on holiday?!..hehe