I'm buying this case.

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by harrack52, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Wow, the sarcasm is thick in here! Feels like a bad Seinfeld episode... *gag*. Seriously though, that is a good chassis. I've built a few systems with 'em, and they've always seemed like they were really worth the dough. I can't say that for every chassis I've ever used, but this is another of them. Some people (mostly women) don't like 'flashy' chassis, so that one nicely fills the niche at $25 US. It's not gaudy but not ugly, has *great* cooling, and is generally well-designed. If you're looking for a good budget chassis, this could be the one.

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Must have been a bad day for me. Didn't mean to harm anyone though.

P.S. Seinfeld is great ;)

3. Anti-Trend

Heh, nothing personal, harrack52. You were just the easiest target in a long stream of thick sarcasm. ...but now I'm way off topic, aren't I? ;)

4. Temporal

Temporal Geek Trainee

Nice case, I am planning on getting an antec case myself. The LanBoy model I think; with the 350W PSU. Was $76 on newegg around last week now it's up to $85 =(. Do you guys think it's a good deal? The case with the 350W PSUand all, considering I have a POS PSU?(heh)
    ~Temporal~

5. Anti-Trend

I dunno, I almost never go with OEM PSUs. I add either Enermax or Antec PSUs @ at least 400watts. Or, for budget systems, I often use Okia PSUs. You might be able to get by with a 350, but you might not (depending on the brand/quality). The Lanboy chassis is very nice; it could use an intake fan on the side panel though (to ventilate the video card), but even as-is it's fairly ideal. The 120mm exhaust fan at the rear will move a lot of air with minimal noise, and the frontal intake fan is well ventilated and mounted strategically in front of the HDD rack. Also, it's pretty cool-looking... :p

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Depends if it comes with an Antec PSU or not. I believe it does come with an Antec PSU. I would check out some local shops, as shipping tends to be pretty high on cases and monitors.

7. Anti-Trend

Here's the same Antec Lanboy chassis in question, except without any PSU. It's $67 plus $15 S&H from newegg.com. One way to eliminate any questions about the PSU is to just buy your own. ;) Of course, if you can get it locally for cheaper, more power to 'ya!