iMac graphics chip

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by bobd000, Aug 10, 2009.

1. bobd000

bobd000 Geek Trainee

I currently have a dell desktop with the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE with 512Mb dedicated graphics memory.
    I am soon going to get a iMac with a integrated 9400m graphics chip that is supposed to be very good and shares 256Mb with the system. Will the 9400m be as good as or close to as good as the graphics card I have at the moment.

Also what is the difference between a intel dual core processor and a intel core two duo processor?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Ben

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

The new graphics chip will be better, but it's still low-end, especially considering that it is sharing its memory. How better? Well, in everything, basically. Design, architecture, features, supported techs, also performance (but not too much). Things will be different, since the OS under which your new chip will be operated, will be somewhat different.
    in short, IMO: it is a better graphics chip than your old one.

about the CPU's: click here

3. bobd000

bobd000 Geek Trainee

Hey,

Thank you very much - I was beginning to think I wouldn't get nay answers - anyway thats what I wanted to hear so thanks very much.

Ben

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

The Intel Core 2 is a product name. Intel Core 2 DUO means dual-core, and Intel Core 2 QUAD means quad-core.