Infinium Labs Phantom Prototype

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Kyle opens up another Phantom. This time sans a sledgehammer.

No matter where you stand on the issues surrounding Infinium Labs, you have to admit that the console's physical design is one that is very unique and memorable. Although the generation 1 and generation 2 design have been dropped this year, everyone that sees a Phantom still remembers it, even if there were only a handful ever made. The generation 2 moved to a different CPU and smaller overall dimensions, but it still looked basically the same.

I guess the infamous Infinium Labs guys actually have some kind of unit, so they aren't 100% BS...just 95%. Anyway, most people will be interested in the prototype because it's some sort of proof. Here's the article, thought I still think the case against Infinium Labs shows how they're still full of crap.

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

If a few (outdated) PC components in a flashy chassis are enough to bamboozle shareholders, I'm in the wrong business... :chk:

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, if you ask me, IL probably faked their shareholders too. Kyle Bennett was the wrong guy to start a fight with, but IL isn't the first company to get a backlash from it. (see Everglide). IL should've just sent Kyle a message saying something like "Laugh at us now, but we'll be sending you one to prove you wrong." Instead of "You mofo, how dare you say something negative about us. We're going to sue you!"

Kyle is a powerful figure as far as influence goes...at least as far as geek websites go.

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I had a few threatening letters when I was a technical writer for T.I... As a rule, we always published them on a side panel on the front page, along with our replies (rebuttals). After they saw how foolish they were coming across, trying to bully the media into giving a flowery review, they correspondance would cease. Good publicity for the reviewing site, though! Just look how much more popular [H] has become since that whole thing began.