interesting modem fault

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by sildar-god, Oct 1, 2003.

1. sildar-god

sildar-god Guest

here is one for the knowledgeable amongst you - i have an external fax/voice/modem with a topic chipset. it works fine, but the problem comes in when i try to connect through my switchboard. i am using ancient switchboard technology that still pulse dials, (i know, i know, don't look at me like that! switchboards are expensive dammit!) which is not a problem usually, as all my pc's are set to pulse dial. this modem however refuses to let me pulse dial, even if i manually force the command at it, it still dials using a tone.
    has anyone ever come across this before?
    should anyone be interested in scoffing at me, i have enabled dialling rules with the pulse dial checkbox marked, i have tried using an updated driver, and i have placed a P before the number in the number to dial box.
    if i place other modems on this system, they dial out perfectly, it is only this modem.

Kaleem

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Unless you absolutely need that topic modem for some reason, just get another modem. You've gone through all that troubleshooting, and it's still not dialing out.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

are you sure the modem supports "pulse" dialing? I think you prob need to get a new modem, because your other modems work and this doesnt!