internet connection

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by jacobhenery3, Aug 16, 2011.

1. jacobhenery3

jacobhenery3 Geek Trainee

I have internet connection at my home but the internet speed and download speed is very slow. I have window 7 operating system. I contact the complaint department but there is no any response and then my friend suggest me to contact IT support watford to get solution of this problem. Please suggest me any IT expert who can fix this problem.

2. ThinkW520

ThinkW520 Geek Trainee

There is a lot between the cable that comes into your home for internet and Windows 7. There's the modem, possibly a wired or wireless router, and a wired/wireless card in your computer. When you say you contacted the complaint depatment, who did you contact? Also, who is your ISP (internet service provider), what does your ISP claim your downline speed should be (in MB or KB) and are you connecting directly to a modem or a wired or wireless router? I am no IT expert, but I've had the same problems before.

3. ThinkW520

ThinkW520 Geek Trainee

Here's a site where you can actually test the speed of your internet connection: http://www.speedtest.net/
    Make sure you click "Begin Test" and not the other stuff of the page.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

What do you have for Internet connection ? Who is your carrier ? Do you have dialup /DSL / cable or WHAT ?????