iOS 4 keyboard bug?

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by sadukuistim, Jul 12, 2010.

1. sadukuistim

sadukuistim Geek Trainee

Ok so when the screen is vertical and the keyboard is up and then I flip the screen sideways some of the keyboard doesn't show. I don't have the problem is safari but I do in other apps(yahoo, ebuddy) Plus I don't get my yahoo messenger alerts even with them activated.

Did I get a corrupt install or are others having this problem?

How might I fix it?

(fixed the alerts by deactivating then reactivating through settings/notications. Does not work for all apps though. I still don't get my uniwar, myyearbook, and FML alerts.)

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I'm not having this problem myself. I'd suggest to do a Restore in iTunes. Did you apply a jailbreak?

3. sadukuistim

sadukuistim Geek Trainee

I'm not sure what a jail break is?

4. RHochstenbach

Ok, in that case just connect your iPhone to your computer, then select it in iTunes. Then on the tab Summary, click on Restore.

5. sadukuistim

sadukuistim Geek Trainee

Alright will I re updated it after that then?

6. RHochstenbach

It should install a clean version of iOS4. After that you can restore the latest backup by following the instructions in iTunes :)

7. sadukuistim

sadukuistim Geek Trainee

Alright thank you for your help. I still have the problems though. Maybe yahoo and buddy just need to update their apps.

8. nobby

nobby Geek Trainee

Dear, Sadukuistim.

My Iphone 3Gs in ios4 has the same problem being since before JB.
    Today I figured out it though not permanent solution, hold your iphone in up-right position at YM chat+vertical keyboard screen,
    try rotate iphone a couple of times, and holizontal key board with enter(send) keys will appear.
    Hope this way will help you, while Yahoo fix the bug trouble in sooner update.

nobby.