iPod shuffle sync

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by edijs, Jul 3, 2007.

1. edijs

edijs Programmer

Hello!

I recently obtained a iPod shuffle and was wondering if I have to use the iTunes to transfer music from my PC to the iPod?

2. Dambuster

Dambuster Magic

I'd say so... In any case other iPods need iTunes. Other than iTunes there's another program that works with iPods... amarok, or something...

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I use Anapod its the first thing I bought right after the Nano :)

4. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

When I had my iPod all I used was iTunes, it's not that bad of a problem, apart from the fact that it requires Quicktime to be installed and the numerous updates are a pain.

Now I have my Zen it's a lot easier, it's pretty much drag and drop. :D

5. edijs

edijs Programmer

you see, I appreciate all the possibilities that iTunes presents, but I'm not so much into music (one of the reasons I didn't buy a nano) and all those feats kinda slip past my interests. I was just hoping that, like for my little sister and her Philips GoGear, I could simply put music onto my iPod via the Windows Explorer.

P.S. WWR - "When I had my iPod all I used was iTunes, it's not that bad of a problem, apart from the fact that it requires Quicktime to be installed and the numerous updates are a pain."; yeah, quicktime, god I, let's say, dislike it so much as well.

6. rameshg87

rameshg87 Geek Trainee

If you are using linux, i think gnupod is the easiest way to transfer music to ipod. many softwares can sync with ipod in linux using libgpod.

7. edijs

edijs Programmer

I'm not using linux. but good to know. anyhow, for windows I am using Anapod as suggested above - awesome software for this purpose.