is there a way to extend the cord from my speakers?

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by DaRuSsIaMaN, Nov 5, 2006.

1. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Hey guys. The cord from the speakers connecting into my sound card is a bit of a limitation. I'd like to have 2 different computers set up around my desk and to be able to take that cord and plug it into either one, depending on which I need to have sound on, if i'm playing a game. But right now that cord is just too short for my needs. Are there any extension devices for such cords? I know there are USB cable extenders, for instance. U plug your usb cable into a receptor thingy which is attached to another whole usb cable. So is there something like that available for these speaker cords? Or is there a different solution to my problem?

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

You need 3.5mm audio male to female connector wire....something like this pic
    [​IMG]

Go to any local electronics shop like Dicksmith, maybe warehouse or even u can find it on 2,3,4 dollar shop...

3. zeus

zeus out of date

Yeah, just buy some more speaker cable and fit it in the middle of the cord you have now.

Id personally just use a soldering iron and some heatshrink tube.

Speaker cable costs something like 35p a meter here so its got to be all of 10c in the US!