Is this a good speaker system?

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Willz, May 6, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi, i am thinking about buying a new speaker system, i thought about the 500watt system from logitech but that is over 200 quid

i found this system for 150 quid
    Logitech Z-5400 THX® Certified 5.1 310 Watts Speakers
    these seem to be good, and there 114 quid inc vat this week only, what do you think??, will these be able to give me loud bass, at moment, i have a 50watt speaker system with 25watt rms subwoofer, it is very distorted but bass goes pretty good.

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Yeah, they'll do great.
    I've heard them before and they pump :D

3. Willz

great, i hopefully going to order them today :D

4. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Remember, Watts aren't everything!

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

From what people say, Logitech's speakers are pretty good. However, different people's tastes are also a factor, so if at all possible, I'd try to hit a shop and check out the sounds on the speakers you're interested in.

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah I've heard good things about Logitech, also check out Creative for audio products
    [ot]Nothing sounds good after you've heard sound played through a *god-knows-how-much-that-cost* BOSE speaker system[/ot]

7. Willz

lol, BOSE are like the best, but there too expensive.

What you mean watts are not everyhitng, the more watts RMS on a subwoofer, the louder it is, + the logitech system is 300watts, and its logitech for starters, has loads of fetures, i cant seem to find anyhting cheaper thats better, or even any better pc speakers.

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah Watts are important, but:

The sound quality near the system's limit may start to degrade,
    The sound quality in general might not be too good,

Try to get a preview of what they sound like before buying. Try different equaliser settings, types of music, pitch etc to get a good feel for what the speakers can handle.

9. Willz

well, i think it wont be bad sound quality, i was in pc world once, i seen a 500watt logitech speaker system, bass on that was imense, and volume was really turned down low aswell, the sub was like the size of my pc lol, so i quess the speaker i want wont be much worse than it, and also, anyhting better than these current speakers have, yea there grate, i got them for 25quid, there 5.1, 50watt rms, 25watt rms sub, shakes my rook, but mega distortion at max volume, and on very high and low bass, and i have to sue SRS WOW effects in media player to get decent bass, so if i get these speakers, just imagine, 25watt v 120watt, i usually only have these current speakers i have now turned up half way, and the new ones are going to be like 5 times as loud, but i may swing towards the logitech Z-5500, 188watt sub, no matter what, they are brilliant, downstairs speakers on tv are only 310watt alltogether with 80watt sub, and omg, volume at 25 out of 40, is amazing when you have cd in, and max volume on sky music channels, is amazing too, can have a nice disco in the garden, infact, i think i may buy the 500watt speakers over the pci express upgrade and graphics card, i will never need new speakers again :p

also, for 2 years, i actually was happy using crappy emachines 2 channel speakers that are about 0.25watt rms each lol :p

10. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

logitech makes great speakers

11. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I have creative 2200W speakers. Their voice is good but it has lots of wiring with it. A very long power lead, volume control wire from PC to woofer, speaker wires. I mean all are necessary but have some extra length.
    What I have done is, I am not using that creative speaker system. I am using AIWA system with creative speakers as 4.1 system, will buy 1 more speaker to make it 5.1 system.

12. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

PMPO?

13. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

My point exactly :)

14. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

:) I knew what ya meant megamaced ;)

And yeah those '2200W' speakers are most likely PMPO - unless you paid a freaking fortune for some top of the line audio company to make them for you :p

15. Willz

they will be, my current speaker system is 500watt P.M.P.O, so if thats true, his is 220watt, there pretty good i bet.

i got a tempory soultion untill i get my new speakers, 5.2 system :p, i got 2 subwoofers running, 1 sub is connected into the aux input on my tevion subwoofer, now i push button for super loudness, or push it again for super bass, in some songs it can give up to 40 to 50% extra bass boost over single subwoofer, avarage is about 30% but some songs there aint really a difference.

SUbwoofer SLi lol :p

16. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I think you guyz are right... It should be pmpo because it was not very expensive, about 65NZD.
    [ot]
    I believe there is no use of buying a big system in NZ because you cannot set it loud. Just a limited voice with very little or no bass...hah! that sucks~!
    [/ot]

17. Willz

Hi
    i have decided to go with the Logitech Z-5500 500watt RMS speakers, they should be arriving tommorow, i cant wait :D

i have read so many reviews about them, they seem so good and nearly all reviews are positive, i am going to have a hard job positioning everything tho as the subwoofer on it seems ot be massive :p

at 226quid it is quite a big blow, but i think it will be worth it, just have to but a 7900GT now instead of an X1900XT/x graphics card :)