ISP problems

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Billy, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Billy

Billy Geek Trainee

left my pc on overnight, came back following day and all my connection details had changed also dial up phone number, i use avast virus scanning, and my isp is virgin. Could this be a virus? It is not picking any up. Or just a problem with my network connections? anybody help?

2. Addis

Addis The King

You've probably unintentionally downloaded a premium dialer. If its added a separate connection then delete it and make sure your legit one is set as the default. If its changed then your going to have to remember the details and make a new connection. Download ad-aware or spybot:search and destroy to get rid of anything malicious that could have changed your details.

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

That or you've been compromised (hacked). Is your system behind at least a software firewall?

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I would delete the connection as it would dial to a number which will cost you £1 min or even more!

5. Addis

Addis The King

Yeah, but your phone provider should cut off any premium rate calls after 20 mins. but its still around £20-£30 extra on your bill.