Just a little idea :)

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by rimmer, Oct 8, 2007.

1. rimmer

rimmer Geek

Hi, I already have an xbox 360, soon will be using it on LIVE and playing all my games on in general.

However I have always wanted to do a little project, which was to buy a preowned xbox 360, and mod it. Basically, I want to improve the cooling, but the main reason for this thread is whether I will be able to mod it enough so I can upgrade the hard drive to whatever I want, sayyy a 500GB samsung one, and I would like the ability to copy my genuinely bought games and back them up onto the hard drive on my 2nd xbox 360. I'm not too interested if I have to run them via DVD, I want to run them off the hard drive. Is there a mod chip or something out there that I can use?

2. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

For the cooling part, all you need to do is invest in an Intercooler, will keep your console cool, prevent it from overheating.

As for the modding, not a good idea at all, if you're caught with a modded Xbox connected to Live Microsoft will disable it remotely, forcing you to have to buy a new one, seeing as the modding process with void your warranty. Overall, not something I would advise.