Keyboard input lag/delay

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Caphalem, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Caphalem

Caphalem Geek Trainee

Hi,
    I'm not completely sure this is a keyboard problem alone but from the countless forums I have browsed it is hinted that it might just be. Normally the keyboard functions perfectly but when my PC (HDD in particular) receives a reasonable amount of stress it starts to lag while my WoW MMO Gaming mouse is working perfectly.
    The lag looks like this: You press a button but it only responds after a few seconds. Any input at that point has massive delay. When the HDD is back at normal levels of use the delays are gone. Whatever makes my Disk percentage in the task manager grow to around 90% and more makes the lag to appear.
    All of my drivers are up to date as I had more than one person already trying to help me out with this issue with no success. This issue makes playing video games quite troublesome and evenly annoying when you're simply chatting with someone on skype and it kicks in for one reason or another.
    My PC specs are:
    Motherboard: MSI NEO P45
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz
    GPU: Asus Radeon HD 7750 1GB
    RAM: around 3.5 GB the maximum supported by an x86 type system
    Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.0a
    Mouse: World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse made by SteelSeries
    After many hours of research I have an idea that changing my keyboard to a PS/2 wired one might solve this issue permanently. However, I don't have a PS/2 keyboard with which I could test my theory so I can only guess. Maybe somebody here will shed some light on what's Really going on?

Attached Files: