Laptop connection to lcd monitor

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by rodderz88, Apr 1, 2007.

1. rodderz88

rodderz88 Geek Trainee

I have a Toshiba Equium EL10-142 Laptop, I dropped the laptop on the table and the screen smashed (the screen is currently a white blob with multicolor lines). Im currently a student, so lecture notes, plus some other important course documents are on the hard drive which I need very soon. I connected my LCD LITEVIEW lM15W monitor up tot he VGA output on the side of the laptop however without any luck, does anyone know what I can do? :doh:

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Buy a HDD 2.5 enclosure.... Pull out the HDD from that laptop, put it in that USB enclosure. Hook that with you PC and get all the files out of it.... And use that HDD for your external storage ;)

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The display output may not work unless you enable it in Windows, and that really doesn't seem to be an option right now.

Outside of taking this to a shop for repair, the only other way I see to get the data off is to remove the hard drive, connect it to a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter or put it in a external drive like Karan mentioned and access the data on another system.