[Laptop] Network controller problem

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by bertyball, Apr 2, 2008.

1. bertyball

bertyball Geek Trainee

I had a problem with my wireless connection, so tried to install new drivers, but it couldn't find one, then i unstalled the device, restarted my pc, install new hardware, check for drivers on internet, but it couldn't find one.
    Ive tried to download the intell proset...., but on the istallation it says"couldnt find device"
    sow i can't istall my network controler, now i can't go one wireless networks again, what should i do?

2. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Have you checked to see if there is a wireless switch on the laptop? Mine has one on the front which turns off the wireless adapter.

3. bertyball

bertyball Geek Trainee

no, it hasen't. it looks like the laptop event hasen't a wireless thing, becaus,he can't find the device, sow i think i schould bring him to a shop to look at it.

4. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Yes it sounds like a hardware fault, so a shop would probably be your best bet, although I imagine it won't be cheap!

5. bertyball

bertyball Geek Trainee

i hope it isn't expesif, becaus its actually my mothers laptop, and i f*cked it up sow
    probarly i have to pay lolz

but thx for your help