Looking for printer/scanner

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by crazybuzz100, Apr 8, 2010.

1. crazybuzz100

crazybuzz100 Geek Trainee

Hey all!

I'm looking for a printer/photocopier for my UNI work.
    I copy a lot of sheet music and am constantly printing off new versions of my own compositions.

Any suggestions for a printer that uses little ink (black and white is okay) and has a scanner?

I've heard that laser printers are more expensive but the ink is cheaper and lasts a lot longer? :S

Thanks guys.

2. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

Try HP printers they are a very good brand.

3. applebbs

applebbs Guest

Brother brand is a good , you can have a try.

4. Jabej

Jabej Guest

You should go for HP ALL IN ONE Printers . These are very good.. You will get printers, scanners, copier, fax everything in one product.

[URL=" of HP J3680 Officejet All-in-One Printer[/URL]

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Black and white laser printers can be had relatively cheap and the toner does last a long time. You will pay more for a color laser printer, and traditionally, this is one area inkjet can be better at. But, for strict black and white and lots of printing, a laser is definitely worth looking into. HP isn't the cheapest, but their inkjet and laser printers and scanners are a safe bet.

How much are you looking to spend? A black and white laser printer can be had for around $100 on line, and a separate scanner is probably around $80-100. However, if you're low on space, a scanner/printer/copier or all-in-one (like the s/p/c but with fax added) might be a better option.