MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by dejong1, Oct 2, 2009.

1. dejong1

dejong1 Geek Trainee

Hi, i want to buy a the new MacBook Pro. i'm 15 years old and i want the 13 inch mbp. only i don't know which model i'm going to take. i'm thinking between the 2.26GHz and the 2.53GHz. This is what i usually do:
    - internet
    - msn
    - x-plane 9 (special mac game, only game i play)
    - watch movies
    - download music
    - mail
    - school (iWork)
    - take with me during holiday
    Which model is the best for me?

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Welcome to HWF :)

The cheapest model of the Pro is already the best for your needs, and costs € 1149,00. But there's also a cheaper model, the original white Macbook. You can get these for €950, and are also pretty good for your needs. But if you can afford a Macbook Pro, I'd suggest getting that one instead of the white Macbook.

3. dejong1

dejong1 Geek Trainee

Thanks for your reply. Only 1 question: Can I play X-Plane 9 well on a 2.26GHz MBP??

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Technically even the standard non-pro Macbook could run it. The requirements are farily modest:
    * A 2 GHz processor
    * 1.0 GB RAM (physical memory)
    * 64 MB VRAM (video memory on your video card)
    * 10 GB of hard drive space
    If I were in your position I'd go either the MacBook or the cheapest Pro. There's not a dramatic difference between the two aside form the pro looking slicker (if that's your thing) and it likely having better battery life. The other 13" pro is just too much more expensive to be worth it for what you get.

5. dejong1

dejong1 Geek Trainee

Thanks. I'm going to buy the Macbook Pro 13,3'' 2.26GHz
    THANK YOU!:)

6. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Sure, no problem :)

7. I bought my Macbook Pro (13.3 inch, 2.26GHz) laptop in June 2009. ... I've had the 15" 2.53 GhZ model since last August, and frankly I couldn't be happier.I'm in a similar boat, except that I purchased my MacBook in January.They're selling the new MBP at the same price.

8. applebbs

applebbs Guest

This price is very great!!

9. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

I agree with buying the basic 13" Macbook pro. Since your needs are pretty much basic (which a Macbook can handle), getting the the Pro for additional $200 would definitely worth it. Exfoliate is right, there is no significant difference between the two, only that the Pro is more visually appealing and it has a FIREWIRE port.

When I buy a machine, I always think of the future use. I may not need the upgrades but who knows, in the next couple of months I might find myself into photography and I just want my machine to be ready for it.