make my KVM work properly

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ponch, Aug 7, 2005.

1. ponch

ponch Geek Trainee

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd...=&Section_Id=201725&pcount=&Product_Id=164060

The above link is to a product that I bought for a friend of mine for his birthday. I can't tell you too much about the two computers he wants to control with the device, but besides the typical VGA connector for his CRT monitors, the keyboard and mouse hook up via PS/2. I went to Fry's to get the USB to PS/2 adapters, attached everything per the instructions, but the mouse and keyboard are not functional. I tried rebooting in case the device is not hot pluggable in these machines... no luck. Much sweat later (it was a hot day), I conceded that it might not be compatible due to it 's design for USB. I'm thinking the bus power is being filtered out through the adapters to power the keyboard and the mouse, however, the monitors are able to be switched provided the USB are attached through the adapters (theoretically the way the device is attached properly). If there is any particular info you need to help me resolve this pertaining to the CPU's, mouse and keyboard, I'll be more than happy to provide it, but I will have to get that from my birthday buddy.

Thanks in advance,

me