Maxtor - wont boot windows install up??

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by Rechain, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

cant u jst delete this invalid drive from Disk Management from RIght Bottom Side of that Window???

2. Rechain

Rechain Geek Trainee

Nope...no matter what I try I can't remove it...

/Rechain

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Argh...Thats y I hate these partitioning softwares coz they stuck u in the middle. I think u need to backup/clone ur windows on another drive and format this drive to get rid of all this sh*t... Wat u say?

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I found this same problem on another forum. THey linked to this program: Testdisk 6.5

5. geek9pm

geek9pm Geek Trainee

Quick note. If you just want to destroy all the partitions on a drive, it is very easy to do with a live Linux. I use the puppy OS when I want to wipe out partitions that Windows wants to save. No undo. Once done, it is done.

6. Rechain

Rechain Geek Trainee

I don't have linux and I have not tried it before > Linux < Its free of what I know, right? - But the HDD has wrong geometry...don't kow if Linux can help?!?

/Rechain

7. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

8. Rechain

Rechain Geek Trainee

Dont have to try Linux...the HDD is fine now!!! Yesterday I was in Windows Vista and trying the "Windows Format" there, and it was not finish the format because it couldnt. And I didnt want to do anything more that day, so today im in Windows XP and open Partition Magic :D its was fine! NO BADMBR! Just format it, and DONE! First in XP and then in Vista, back to XP was helping on the HDD's geometry "format" I think??? Weird!!!

YIIIIPIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now its just the Maxtor im wondering about, but that is not important...
    I use that to data in windows and Im now trying to install Vista on that SAMSUNG HDD now...mabye it works...

EDIT
    Its working...installing Vista, first restart...and the setup is going further :D not black screen like the MAXTOR HDD is doing...

EDIT2
    Vista is now installed on my Samsung (size = 160GB - 149GB in Windows) - 50GB to Vista and 100GB to data :D

/Rechain