Memory upgradation tips needed

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by hardino, Sep 23, 2012.

1. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

how are you?well, i have got two pc's.one of the them is used by my father himself.and other for me.but recently my fathers pc didnt started as a message appeared like this in the monitor---no input.the computer hardware guy said that there is lots of dust inside the cpu.he cleaned it now running perfectly.
    so the problem is that since my main problems with pc's is dust since my house is nearby to the road.so there is dust pollution.

he said that if we got a vacuum cleaner.just clean the whole place where the two pc's is placed.

also i have one doubt.can we open the cpu and just clean the whole dust with a vacuum cleaner.because he too asked for that.i think that's a bright idea.instead of cleaning with the cloth.because the graphics card,tv tuner card etc...since it is very sensitive.if in case it doesnt read due to continous cleaning with a cloth.so better wipe out the dust inside the cpu with a vacuum cleaner.so just is that a good idea or not?looking forward to your reply.

i also fear lifting various cards.(ie.graphic cards,tv tuner cards etc)since it is very sensitive.lifting it up and inserting again is very dangerous.right.so can i use a vaccum cleaner to wipe out the dust.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

First of all, Where are these two computers ? Are they on the Ground ? You need to get them OFF the floor...They need to be on a Desk or a table..At least two feet off the ground.. Yes ! You can Vacuum the inside the case, BUT you must unplug everything first a be SUPER careful.. NO you do not remove the CPU or heat sink... I Vacuum inside my case all the time, BUT only the bottom...get a small brush to clean off the other parts..

3. hardino

hardino Geek

hello,sorry for the late response.i was little bit busy.no they are placed on a computer table each.ok i will unplug everything right from the monitor plug to the smps.will not remove cpu and heat sink.the bottom part means.can i vacuum the the top portion of the cpu fan and the side part and same in the case of memory stick,then graphics card,tv tuner cards.etc...

4. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

which are the most important parts inside the cpu case that i have to keep it clean always so in the future for the better performance of the pc by using a vacuum without removing each since i am not that confident in removing those since it is very sensitive.i mean the cpu fan,heat sink,smps etc..

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You just have to be VARY careful of not hitting or bending anything on the Motherboard..You can Vacuum it , But just stay away about 2 or 3 inches..not to hit anything.. I just Use a small paint Brush, to go over all the parts to knock down the dust to the bottom of the case, Then I Vacuum it all up..
    One of the most important is the Power Supply, But you have to vary careful with it.. I just blow it out and use a small brush to remove all the dust from the fan blades..

6. hardino

hardino Geek

hello, first of all thanks a lot for your reply.before vacuuming the power supply smps fan.can we just blow the dust from outside the cpu case using paint brush.will it reach the smps fan and clean it perfectly.will the paint brush inserts well into the fans of smps when wiping dust from outside the cpu case.as shown below in the diagram.just for example.what about the back of the fan of smps.will vacuuming it does the job.will it suck whole dust of the smps fan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i am having trouble with installing a game called resident evil 5.my desktop pc system requirements is as follows:

3.0ghz intel dual core processor
    6gb ram
    1gb ddr3 graphics card nvidia
    windows 7 ultimate 64 bit os

does this game work in 64 bit os.it says you need to contact system administrator:

you need to have x68 or x69

but the above game system requirements:

Minimum Requirements
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Login
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Login
    1 GB​

[​IMG]
    Win Xp 32
    DX 9
    8 GB​
    [​IMG]

GD Adjusted Requirements
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Login
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Login
    2 GB​

[​IMG]
    Win Vista 32
    DX 10
    8 GB​

8. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i am having trouble with installing a game called resident evil 5.my desktop pc system requirements is as follows:

3.0ghz intel dual core processor
    6gb ram
    1gb ddr3 graphics card nvidia
    windows 7 ultimate 64 bit os

does this game work in 64 bit os.it says you need to contact system administrator:mine is 64 bit os

you need to have x68 or x69

but the OS :win xp 32 is what needed for this game.

does this game works on 64 bit os windows 7 ultimate even if this game asks for 32 bit os win xp

9. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

It says you must have Windows XP, So Windows 7 and 8 Will not work..

10. hardino

hardino Geek

ok thanks a lot for your reply.

11. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

when i try to install a program or an application (utorrent) the following message appeared

but when i installed utorrent(beta mode).it worked.i dont why this message is coming.some applications work while some doesn't.

the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running.check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86(32bit) or x64(64 bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher.

why is this message coming.when i tried to install the game i mentioned earlier resident evil 5.this message appeared.

this message appeared after installing OS 64 bit windows 7 ultimate.

what should we do to make all applications run without this message appearing on the screen.which os is the best to make all applications running

12. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Well,Are you running Windows 7-64 bit ? If you are then that is your problem..That game will ONLY run on Windows XP...
    If you want to run that game then, Remove Windows 7 -64 bit, And Reinstall Windows XP 32-bit..

13. hardino

hardino Geek

well, can we run that game in a compatibility mode.by selecting that game icon right clicking it and selecting windows xp service pack 2 or 3.will that work.

without removing windows 7 64 bit os.what is the method without uninstalling the windows 7 64 bit os.and running in windows xp.how to do that

14. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You can't, That must be an older game that takes Windows XP to run it.. Does it say on the Game 32 bit or 64 bit ? What size is your video card ? 128/256/512/1gb ?

15. hardino

hardino Geek

yes its an older game.i was released in the year 2009.it says windows xp 32 bit.my video card size is 1gb ddr3

16. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Your Video card Will work with the Game, BUT Your OS will not.. That game was meant for WINDOWS XP.... You either have to find another game, OR change your OS back to Windows XP 32 bit..

17. hardino

hardino Geek

ok.thanks a lot for your reply.

18. hardino

hardino Geek

hello ghostman,

i would like to install a game called aliens colonial marines:here are the system requirements mentioned in a website:

• Minimum Specs: Operating System: Windows XP SP3. Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor. RAM: 2GB RAM (XP),2GB RAM (Vista). HD: 20GB free hard disk space. Optical Drive: DVD. Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible. Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8500/ATI Radeon HD 2600 (256 minimum).
    • Recommended Specs: Operating System: Windows XP SP3/Vista/Windows 7. Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Quad CoreProcessor. RAM: 2GB RAM. HD: 20GB free hard disk space. Optical Drive: DVD. Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible. VideoCard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX560/ATI Radeon HD 5850 (512 minimum).
    Aliens: Colonial Marines release date of February 12, 2013 on PC,
    in the above system requirements:my main concern is related to the OS.Mine is Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit..the above system requirements doesnt mention about cache 32 bit or 64 bit.will it work.
    does todays games work on 64 bit or 32 bit.i mainly changed to 64 bit inorder to fully utilise the memory of 6 gb ram.(4+2).i dont have any jerking on the pc or running slowly so far with 64 bit.

19. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

That game looks like it is meant to run on mainly Xp/Vista 32 bit systems..

20. hardino

hardino Geek

but the pc system requirements mentions that windows 7

Recommended Specs: Operating System: Windows XP SP3/Vista/Windows 7. in this whether is it 32 bit or 64 bit or both applies