MOSMP036......MP3 player help

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Priest, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Priest

Priest Geek Trainee

Ok,, First of all Hi Guys and girls and all that. Forgive me for what may be a long winded post but as I am a total N00B I suppose it's best to try and explain everything as best I can.

Okaaaaay.......Some time ago I got myself a nice new 20 gig mp3 player. Oh the joy of listening to my own stuff at work, yah, anyway. 2 days ago I decided to tidy up my music etc, sorting out filenames etc so i can actually see the name of the tracks im looking for. Once done I erased all the stuff off my player by going thru My Computer and manually erasing everything on the player in one go.

When I then put everything back on the player I found that each and every track skips and jumps every few seconds. I was since told that I erased everything the wrong way and should have simply formatted.

Today I decided to correct that mistake and format before trying to upload music again. Same result yet they play fine on the comp. I formated again in case anything had been missed. Now when I try to run the Jukebox uploader i get an alert saying: "Fail to get firmware information in Setting.dat"

I know the USB cable is ok but the player now just isn't showing so I can't get a track on the damned thing to see if my original problem is fixed!

I am sorry about the constant babbling but I havent the first clue where to start. I just hope it's fixable otherwise it's 180 quid of my missus' cash down the tube.
    Thanks for any help anyone can give,

Priest

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

MOSMP036......Help me please!

hi Priest

Have you tried using the software which came with the mp3 player to transfer the files? or is jukebox uploader the one which came with it?

I'm not quite sure which mp3 player this is but have you tried updating the firmware?

3. Priest

Priest Geek Trainee

Howdies.

Yeah MOS Jukebox came with the player. It's ok for transfering music to my player and it's the only one I ever used. It all started when I deleted the tracks and then put them on again. The problem is when I have the player plugged into the comp I load the program and get the above message. As for downloading the firmware.....I wouldn't know where to start and I'm far from the most technicaly gifted lol. I just posted in the hope that maybe someone out there would know where I went wrong as I don't want to keep going blindly or the next time it'll blow up heheheh.

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Have you got manual with your player?
    Just look on it if there is any way to do the factory reset......and also have a look on how to upgrade the firmware.

5. Sniper

try uninstalling/installing the program.

6. Priest

Priest Geek Trainee

Yep I did reinstall a few times.....here's the big clincher.
    :O
    I um Looked reeeaaally carefully round the player, there's a microscopic (almost) hole in the side marked "reset". ahem.

Well that solved the firmware thing which is excellent cos I was dreading trying to find replacements.

Thanks to the both of you for pointing out stuff which, while obvious to some, wasnt' quite to me cos I was getting too annoyed at the thing lol.

And now I shall go and bury my embarrasement by seeing if any tracks i transfer will play properly now.:O :O

7. Sniper

excellent let us know if it works.

8. Priest

Priest Geek Trainee

Yep They transfer but any track I do seems to jump and skip like a cd...with the occasional wierd split second noise that shouldn't be there, like glitches in the file. So I'm right back at square one which is a GOOD thing cos it's only one problem rather than it not working at all lol.

9. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

It seems more like a problem with the product to me. Just take a replacement ,if its under warranty..