Most expensive petrol in the world?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by zeus, May 31, 2007.

1. zeus

zeus out of date

I went to the petrol station the other day to buy some petrol for an old rotorvator which only takes 4 star leaded petrol. We found somewhere that sold it but look at the price at the bottom......

[​IMG]

Thats £1.79 a litre! or £8.14/$16ish a gallon! We bought 2 litres :)

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

christ, where abouts do you live, i'm in Yorkshire, & the cheapest petrol is in Bradford[ot]usually about £0.90 a litre[/ot]we usually fill up while visiting grandma (once a week)[ot]god can she moan & about the same stuff all the time[/ot]BTW: but she is my grandma

3. zeus

zeus out of date

I live in Chester ENGLAND! :) but this petrol station was in Dobshill in Wales.... opposite the place they make the A380 wings. I think normal unleaded was 90p odd and super unleaded was just over £1. I dont know what it costs on our side of the border, I never look. With a 15 litre petrol tank I dont really have to!

Look at the first google return for dobshill.... proves all welsh are loopy!
    dobshill - Google Search

4. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

You should use unleaded and get that leaded stuff to add to it, i bet that would work out cheaper.

5. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Over here in Huddersfield, it's about 94p per litre! That's unleaded and diesel.

Seems pretty steep to me!

6. zeus

zeus out of date

My first thought was to use an additive but they just dont work that well on engines that specifically cannot use unleaded petrol. They are best on engines that can use unleaded but prefer leaded. I used to use them in my old motorbike... the additive definitely made it tick over better. Im sure its a matter of using brass valve seats so you can use unleaded. A simple fix really.

94p for diesel is cheap! Its just under £1 here, unleaded a few p cheaper. Is Huddersfield in Yorkshire? You guys seem to get fuel pretty cheap! Maybe its because you are closer to the north sea :)

Like you said "thats unleaded". Cars arent allowed to run on leaded petrol anymore, its unleaded only. Its the lack of demand for leaded petrol which pushes the price up. Like old simms and pc66/100/133 RAM.
    Being 15 I bet you dont remember 2 star and 3 star petrol. That was environmentally friendly! compared to 4 star. The fields next to motorways would be full of lead which isnt good for farmland or the crops! If you had a Vauxhall you could boast an "Im unleaded" sticker in your back window!

7. donkey42

donkey42 plank

dunno, but we never get to play with the good stuff, e.g. im on 512Kb BB, cant get any faster here[ot]
    i thought 72 pin RAM were DIMMS, 32 pin RAM were SIMMS, correct ?[/ot]
    i remember, but im older than you, but i usually try to forget[ot]i'll shut up, cos im going to end up showing my age[/ot]