My monitor shows a black background and the power light on the monitor is Yellow, not Orange.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LUCK, Aug 6, 2011.

1. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

Dear all!

I am LUCK.

I am using Windows XP (Compag Destop Computer Intel with Pentium 4). I didn't turn on my computer a few days ago. Now I start turning it on and then my monitor shows a black background and the light on the monitor is Yellow, not Orange. It means I can not log in the Windows as usual though the light on the monitor is Yellow. What's wrong with my computer? Is it because of the VGA Card? I was trying to click any keys such as F2, F8, F12, F11, Delete Key, and Insert Key on the Keyboard, but there seemed that the Keyboards are not working either.

Sorry for being unaware of the Hardware.

Please help to solve it and explain in details if possible.

Thanks a lot and best wishes to you all!

I am looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

My Best Regards,

LUCK

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

does the keyboard lights light up at POST (Power On Self Test) when you power on the system

i know this will sound stupid but have you tried pressing the power button while the system is powered on ?

3. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

Dear!

The keyboard lights didn't light up when I powered on the system (Power on Self Test) and a few times it lights up when I power on the system (Power on Self Test) for a few seconds and then the light stop lighting up. I have tried to press the power button while the system is powered on many times. The problem still occurs to me. I feel that I cannot even go to the CMOS Setup... because the Keyboards seemed not to be working for me then. What must I do? Thanks a lot and hope you will try to explain and help me.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

LUCK

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

So , Are you having a monitor problem or a keyboard problem ??? Does this computer have a video card ? Or is it have onboard video ? This usually means the feed to the monitor is bad, or not working..

5. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

Dear!

I was trying to change a few monitors and keyboards and that still can't be solved. Be sure my monitor is attached to the Video Card Slot. What must I keep on doing now?

Thanks a lot and best wishes!

I am looking forward to hearing from all.

My best regards,

LUCK

6. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Give me some more info, Does the computer itself come on ? can you hear the hard drive ? can you hear Any fans ?

7. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

Dear Ghostman!

I noted that when I didn't power on my computer and the monitor light is Orange. When I power on my computer and then the light becomes yellow. After I power on my computer, there are some texts that shows information about my PC and then it becomes a black screen. I check all the fans and they are working (3 fans). I am very very sure that it's not because of the monitor because I tried 3 kinds of monitors and that still isn't solved. In my view, I tend to believe that it should be because of the VGA Card. Can it be the reason for my current problem? Sorry for my being unaware of the computer knowledge. More information will be offered if needed and I will be very glad to give you more so that you can understand and help me...

Thanks a lot for your great help and that you always try to solve my problems though you are really very very busy and sorry for having kept you busy. I feel very very grateful to you.

May God be with you!

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

My Best Regards,

LUCK

8. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Does this pc have onboard video, Or do you have a video card ? I would try a video card to see if this solves your problem, If it doesn't then It might be your motherboard..

9. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

My PC is offboard. I have a Video Card, so please help to solve it. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot.

LUCK

10. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

What I can tell you is that after I power on my computer, it shows me some information like this:

GeForce FX 5200 Bio
    Version 4.324.20.69.00
    CopyRight 1996-2003 NVIDIA Corp
    128.0 MR Ram.

and then it becomes a black screen without any signs on the screen even an animated dash or other signs and the light on the Monitor is always yellow. There is no sound alert after powering on my computer.

Thanks a lot and hope you can help me.

My kindest regards,

LUCK

11. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You need to try another video card to see if this will fix your problem...

12. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

OK! Let me try it whether it will work for me.

Thanks a lot for your great answer and help.

My best regards,

LUCK

13. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

Dear all!

I tried to check my compute and then my Mainboard and VGA Card are not working, so I decided to buy a newer one. Thanks a lot for everyone who tries to help me and that was all your kindnesses to me as well as others here. I am very vrey grateful to you and that really helps me.

May God be with all and bless you!
    Best wishes to you!

My best regards,
    LUCK