NBC: Corn Farmers Hurt by P2P

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yes, that's right. NBC claims that corn farmers are being hurt by P2P. Now, I have yet to hear this, living in a state known for corn (the vegetable, not the band), but hey, maybe someone around here hasn't made a big stink of it...yet.

The canard about P2P taking over the Web was popular a couple of years ago when Grokster was a hot issue. Now, not so much. Ellacoya, the maker of deep-packet inspection routers, reported on June 18 that the trend of P2P traffic taking over the Web has been reversed. Now, basic Web traffic, mainly streaming audio and video, accounts for 46% of traffic, while P2P takes up 37%. Traditional Web page downloads are 45% of the basic (HTTP) Web traffic, with streaming video at 36%.

But, never mind the facts...

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

BY NOT BELIEVING IN THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER YOU ARE CAUSING GLOBAL WARMING, SO ACT TODAY AND SAVE THE WORLD! DRESS LIKE A PIRATE AND BECOME A PASTAFAIRIAN!

If you don't believe me straight away like you should (everything on the internet is true!) just take a look at the evidence... Average global temperatures have gone up, and the number of pirates globally have gone down (obviously thats the ONLY reason for global warming!).

Just take a look at this graph!
    [​IMG]

[OT]
    Obviously the sale of movies on DVD and nice big TV's has nothing to do with people not going to the cinema as much
    [/OT]

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

farmers are crazy

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Given that besides humans, cattle and now ethanol production vie for corn production, I call BS.

5. Addis

Addis The King

Some of the content in my AS economics course was based around the effects of things like this on a macro scale. Just goes to show what a waste of time it was.

6. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

lol this is rather entertaining. Thanks for the article, B :)