Nec 9100a

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by v_sokolov, Dec 17, 2002.

1. v_sokolov

v_sokolov Geek Trainee

Hello. I am not very sure If this problem should be placed here. If not please excuse me. The problem is connected with a NEC 9100A CD-RW. It is property connected to the Second Primary IDE - the device is working! The problem appers when I try to burn cd's: Both NERO burning and Easy CD-CREATOR refuse to burn image becouse they can not find my CD-RW. They recognize the device, I mean I can use it but simply as un CD-R. The next strange thing is that when I use CD Copy everything is allright! I have no idea what I should do. I will be very thankfull even if someone gives me just an advice! Thank you

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Have you tried updating either program?

3. v_sokolov

v_sokolov Geek Trainee

NEC 9000A

Yes, I am using the latest software. I have installed the last update of Easy CD Creator 5 Platinium.:(

4. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

so it only reads/copies CD-R ?
    if yes then try another brand of CD-RW.
    Whats the brand of the cd you are using right now ?

5. v_sokolov

v_sokolov Geek Trainee

Hi. I am using NEC 9100A 40/10/40

But funally the problem got fixed! I answered to Big B that I have been using the latest software but It seems that I have been lying to him, and myself too. Browsing over the Net I saw that there is a newer version of Nero than that I have. I installed it and my CD-RW was recognized by the program. Unfortunatelly, although I have installed the latest software update for Easy CD- Creator, my CD-RW still can not be recognized. Again it seems that the more shyniest ang glamour programs are not always better than the simple ones.
    Thanks to everyone who have tryied to help!