Need beta testers!

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by ThePenguinCometh, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

I've just finished my first PHP web-page, nothing fancy but it *seems* to work well. Please don't complain about the colouring scheme, I'm a coder not an artist and I've spent all my time getting the PHP code done rather than worry about how it looks. The idea is that the whole site is contained in one file rather than spread across several so that one file is designed to change it's content depending on what link you click on and will also grey out the page your looking at and automatically expand the side panel if appropriate. It *seems* to work well but I'd like to know if anyone can spot any broken links. Oh yeah, much of the content is a bit out-dated as well. I'm working on it, trust me.

http://www.wafflesweb.co.uk/blackrebel/home.php

Let me know what you think!

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

its pretty good, all the links I checked are working! oh and I won't complain about the colour :)

so the whole site is one big index.php file?

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

seems good to me

4. ThePenguinCometh

Essentially, the content is stored in separate files but all the common areas are in one file which are dynamically created each time. The original site had all the pages separate which was impossible to maintain, if I altered one I'd have to alter ten files or more. Now I just alter the main php file.

5. Addis

Addis The King

In a rush right now but looks good and works. I'll read more about meicos and its code when I get home.

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Yup all fully working for me too. Like Addis im in a rush right now but Ill read through it thoroughly when I get home.

7. Addis

Addis The King

Looks interesting, i like a few snippets of the code. edit: Sorry stupid mistake.
    What does meicos actually do?

8. ThePenguinCometh

I'm not too worried about the actual program right now, I'm just learning PHP and getting a sensible site together before I worry about the content or the program but basically it's a very basic ecosystem simulator, a sort of a-life experiment. You have three different "species" - grass, rabbits and foxes - that compete for survival. The idea is to try and find what initial values will give the maximum lifespan for the whole colony. It's still a rough hack and has a long way to go yet but I've got Big Plans(TM) for it!

9. Addis

Addis The King

Reminds me somewhat of the game of life. To test it out I'll need to get linux again.

10. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek