Need help with modding case...

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by kid halo, Nov 16, 2003.

1. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

I think that I want to add a fan to my case to cool off my future AIW Radeon 9800 Pro, as I have heard it gets pretty hot. I've also heard of getting fans that suck air out of the case. Will this help, or will it just make my case noisy?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The fan will blow one way. How and where you mount it will determine wether you want it to suck in or blow out. Typically, the airflow in a case is sucking in toward the bottom of the case in the front and having the PSU and a rear fan or two sucking air out the back. The principle here is that heat rises.

Fan noise...that really depends on what fans you use. A 92mm fan can spin at a slower RPM than an 80mm fan and deliver the same or better airflow with less noise. If you want to be able to adjust the fan speed, there are fan bus controllers available you can use if you plan on having several fans you want to control.

The lower RPM the better. Look for something under 3000RPM for a quieter fan. I've heard that Vantec's Stealth fans are near silent and I've also heard good things about Panaflo fans in the noise department

3. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

Is there a way that I can display a few pics of my rig on this site so you can evaluate it and give me some tips on modding?

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

if you click on "Post Reply" you will get the option to upload a file. If you still have problems! just email me the pictures using the "contact us" email address!

5. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

I sent an email to you guys by clicking the "contact us" at the bottom of the page with 4 pictures. I've tried figuring out how to upload pictures in the forums, but was too confused. I clicked "IMG" then it had http:// and I was confused. Could you inform on how to add images to your posts so I can show the killer screenshots I get from Halo on my GeForce FX 5200, AMD 1.2 and PC133 512 SDRAM? Lol, just kidding. But my rig will be killer tanks to your suggestions on the Soltek MoBo, Barton 2500+, Kingston mem, and my AIW9800PRO:) This site rocks. I do think that 1500 posts is a little INSANE to get the image under one's name! Wait or is it points? If it's points, I guess I'm fine, and maybe I'll have that image by Christmas. Don't think I'll go to the Temper Overload section. Hahaha I crack myself up.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

To attach an image, post a reply through the "Reply to post" button below the last post. When the new screen comes up, you'll see toward the bottom of the screen (you may have to scroll) on the left that says "Attach File". You can browse your hard drive for what you want to put up. Just don't have something huge if at all possible...like no bigger than 1024x768.

7. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

hi there again! I should have got the images you sent me but just checked my email but no images...any way, do as bigb said to post images. Also about the 1500 posts, well you dont need that many, once you get 500 points, you can go to the store zone and buy it, its at the botton of the page.

8. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

It says to give the image a URL? How does an image even have a URL? SOrry, I'm just a newb at graphics design etcetera etcetera.

9. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

OH, and I was "shopping" at your store and came across 'custom title.' What exactly is a custom title?

10. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

right now your title is "geek trainee". What "custom title" does is give you the choice of what's written below your nickname.

As for the url: since you have to host the image on some other site, you have to write the path where the image is found, just like it would be on your hdd for instance. The only difference is that it's on the web so i has to be a url.

11. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

12. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

13. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

14. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

2 OF THE LINKS SAY FORBIDDEN, 2 OF THEM WORK. :)

15. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

none of them work for me

16. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

ah phoey. could you give me a "step by step" numbered process on how YOU would post pictures?:p

17. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

First: DO NOT use the Quick Post Reply box.
    2nd. Use the Post reply button on the bottom right of the last post in the thread.
    Toward the bottom left of this page and below the box to input a new post is another small text box. To the right of that is a Browse button.
    You'll only be able to post one image per post this way.
    The other method I'd use is go to http://www.theforumisdown.com and use their uploader. As long as the image is no larger than 50kB, you'll be fine (only certain file formats are allowed).
    You just copy the link you get and paste it into the reply screen as the message board will automatically add url tags to the link.

18. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

yay!

Attached Files:

19. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

thx to adobe photoshop 5.0 for helping me resize this!

Attached Files:

20. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

ANY IDEAS?! Where to place fans, cool mods?

Attached Files: